Love Potion Gone Wrong

Sixth year:
  "And can anyone tell me what this potion is?" Professor Slughorn asked the class. Hermione's hand shot straight up as always.
  "Yes Miss Granger?" He called on her.
  "That's Amortentia sir. Also known as the most powerful live potion in the world. It's known to give the drinker an infatuation or obsession with someone. Also, it smells like things that you're attracted to... for example I smell... parchment, freshly mown grass, and... spearmint." Hermione explained. Meanwhile Draco watched her from the corner. He couldn't explain why but he always ended up staring at Hermione. He figured it was because she raised her hand so much, so she was almost always talking.
  "Very good." Professor Slughorn said and put the lid back on the potion.
  "I will see you all tomorrow, we will be reading up on Amortentia and the serious repercussions that come with the use of it." Professor Slughorn said. The whole class packed up their things and left.
  Draco laughed behind and watched Hermione walk away with Potter and Weasel.
  "Are you alright my boy?" Professor Slughorn asked him.
  Draco looked at him for a moment than nodded. He decided to head down to the Great Hall for lunch.
  He sat down next to Blaise and Pansy, as he always did, and listened to them have an argument.
  "I'm just saying Pansy, I don't care what color you paint your nails! So stop asking me about it." Blaise said. Pansy glared then looked at Draco.
  "You care, don't you Draco?" Pansy asked.
  "No." Draco said. He and Blaise laughed as Pansy muttered curse words.
"So get a load of what that Hufflepuff girl is wearing today, that skirt is super tight, would be even nicer off." Blaise said. Pansy rolled her eyes.
"Do you even know her name?" Pansy asked.
"Mmm no, don't need to." Blaise said.
"Sorry to interrupt your objectifying of women, but what's wrong with Draco?" Pansy asked. Draco had been staring off into space for the past few minutes. Blaise followed his eyeline over to the Gryffindor table where Ron and Hermione were sitting and eating.
"Ew. Why are you staring at them?" Blaise asked. Draco shook himself out of his trance.
"What?" Draco asked.
"Dude you're so out of it." Blaise said.
"Yeah, why are you so tired and sad all the time? It's kind of boring." Pansy said.
"Shut up." Draco said.
"How about we do something to cheer him up." Pansy suggested.
"Like what?" Blaise asked.
"I have just the idea." Pansy said.
"I'm listening." Draco said.
"Let's steal some Amortentia from potions and give some to Mudblood Granger to make her fall for the Weasel King." Pansy suggested. Blaise laughed so hard he almost spit out his food.
"I love it!" Blaise said. Pansy smiled.
"Draco?" Pansy asked. Draco looked at her. He hated the idea. He didn't want too involve himself with Granger, in fact, he had steered cleared of her since the start of this year. He knew if he had to talk to her, he would have to insult her, and he was just so tired of doing that. But he also knew that if he said no to his friends, they would definitely suspect that something was up.
"Sure." Draco said. Pansy clapped her hands.
"Yay!" She said.
-
  By the next day, their plan was in full focus with everything prepared. Blaise, Pansy, and reluctantly Draco gathered outside the Great Hall at breakfast, ready to put their plot into action.
  "You have the potion Blaise?" Pansy asked. Blaise nodded and held up a vial.
  "And you're ready to distract Granger while he pours it Draco?" Pansy asked. Draco nodded.
  "I'll distract the weasel." Pansy said. They knew Potter was busy with Slughorn today so there was no need to worry about him.
  "Let's do this." Blaise said and they all walked into the Great Hall and over to the Gryffindor table. Draco sat himself next to Hermione and Pansy sat next to Ron.
  "Morning Granger." Draco said and stole a piece of her toast. She went wide eyed and looked utterly confused.
  "What are you doing?" Hermione asked.
  "Having a piece of toast, what does it look like?" Draco asked. Hermione rolled her eyes. Draco looked over Hermione's shoulder to see Pansy chatting with the Weasel.
  "What do you want Parkinson?" Ron asked.
  "Oh I was just curious- um- what kind of shampoo do you use?" Pansy asked. Ron looked at her funny.
  "What kind of shampoo do I use?" Ron asked. Pansy nodded.
  Draco tuned them out and went back to distracting Hermione as he saw Blaise reach for the vial and he to put it in her cup.
  "Why are you actually over here? Just to steal my food? There has to be an actual reason." Hermione said and reached for her drink. She picked it up and took a sip. Draco tried to turn her around to look at Ron but he was still facing Pansy. Hermione turned herself right back around to look at Draco, meanwhile the potion took affect. 'Oh no' Draco thought to himself.
  "Draco?" Hermione asked. Draco gulped.
  "Draco! You came to eat breakfast with me!" Hermione said happily and flung her arms around Draco. Blaise, Pansy, and Ron (who was now watching this unfold as well) all had their jaws dropped. Draco had no clue what to do so he just lightly patted her back while she nearly suffocated him in a hug.
  "What is going on?" Ron said and pulled Hermione off Draco.
  "Ron! Don't you see Draco's come to join us this morning because we love each other so much." Hermione explained. Draco had never seen a love potion in affect before but this made Hermione seem like she was high off of pure love. The only words to describe the situation was awkward and weird.
  "Ha ha very funny." Ron said. Hermione slapped his arm.
  "I'm not joking Ronald!" Hermione said and grabbed Draco's arm. Not Pansy, nor Blaise, nor Draco knew what they should do. Their plan had gone completely off the rails.
  "What did you do to her?" Ron looked around at the Slytherins involved.
  "We might have given her a love potion, which we intended to be directed at you, but has seemed to be Draco instead." Pansy explained. Ron blushed.
  "I am NOT under a love potion! You are all just jealous of us." Hermione said and looked at Draco.
  "Right Draco?" She asked, as they made direct eye contact Draco couldn't help but stare into her eyes.
  "Um... uh." He was speechless for once.
  Pansy and Blaise looked at him like he was crazy. Draco just didn't want to say no to Hermione.
  "You are actually under a love potion." Draco said. Hermione looked shocked and then burst into tears.
  "You're lying! Why would you lie to me?" Hermione said as she sobbed. Draco, Pansy, Blaise, and Ron just sat there dumbfounded. People around them were starting to stare.
  "I'm sorry." Pansy said. Hermione glared at her through her tears. Then she got up and stormed out of the hall.
  They all sat there for a few seconds before Ron said "FIX THIS." And went back to eating his breakfast.
  "Let's go find her I guess." Pansy said and the three Slytherins got up.
  "Blaise you take Gryffindor tower, I'll take some classrooms, Draco take the library." Pansy said. Draco and Blaise nodded and all of them went their separate ways.
-
Soon enough Draco reached the library. Almost no one was in there but he had a feeling Hermione was in there somewhere. He looked in the back corner to see her sitting on the couch looking out the window.
"Hermione." He said. She looked up at him but didn't get up.
"Draco." She said. He walked closer.
"Are you okay?" Draco asked.
"No. You said you don't love me!" Hermione said.
"I- I didn't technically say that." Draco said. It was a stretch but he needed her to come with him to the potions classroom in order to get this fixed.
Hermione thought about what he said.
"I guess you didn't." She said and wiped her tears.
"Nope." Draco said. Hermione smiled and stood up and walked over to Draco. Before he knew what was happening she put her arms around his shoulders and kissed him.
On the inside, Draco was panicking. He should absolutely hate this! But he didn't, he actually was okay with it, fine, he was more than okay with it. He let it happen for a minute and put his hands around her waist. But after a minute, he pulled away. This wasn't right. She didn't actually have these feelings and he didn't want to take advantage of her for something that was complete he and his friends fault.
"Is something wrong?" Hermione asked.
"Um, no." Draco smiled.
"Can I show you something?" He asked. Hermione nodded with a wide smile.
"Follow me." Draco began to walk and Hermione came up next to him and took his hand.
-
Finally they arrived at the Potions classroom where Pansy and Blaise were already there and had explained everything that happened to Professor Slughorn.
"Found her." Draco said.
"Here." Professor Slughorn handed him the cure vial.
"Hey Hermione, would you drink this for me?" Draco asked. Hermione looked at him strangely.
"What is it?" She asked.
"Apple juice." Draco said.
"Why am I drinking it?" Hermione asked.
"Um, because it will.... make me happy?" Draco said. Hermione nodded and drank out of the vial.
"Hermione?" Draco asked. She stumbled around for a second then looked up at him.
"Malfoy?" Hermione asked.
"What am I doing here with you?" She asked.
"Long story." Draco sighed with relief and sat her down to tell her what happened.
-
"Wow." Hermione said.
"We shouldn't have tried that, next time we'll just stick to insults." Blaise said. Pansy didn't say anything.
  "Thanks?" Hermione said.
  "You're welcome." Blaise said.
  "Would you mind if I talked with Draco?" Hermione asked Blaise and Pansy.
  "Sure." They said and didn't move.
  "Alone." Draco added. Blaise and Pansy raised their eyebrows and walked out whispering to each other.
  "So..." Hermione said.
  "So..." Draco replied.
  "Today was weird." Hermione said awkwardly.
  "Yeah..." Draco agreed.
  "I'm really sorry." Hermione said.
  "You're sorry? For what Granger?" Draco asked.
  "For kissing you." Hermione said and face palmed. Draco laughed.
  "No need to apologize for that." He said. Hermione's face went red.
  "Really?" Hermione asked. Draco shrugged.
  "I thought you hated me." Hermione said.
  "So did I, I guess we were both wrong." Draco said.
  "Yeah." Hermione blushed.
  "So what now?" Draco asked.
  "Well I don't know... what do you want?" Hermione asked.
  "How about I take you out to dinner next weekend? Hogsmeade?" Draco asked.
  "Sounds perfect." Hermione said and kissed him gently on the cheek.

A/N: Thanks to @Wandwitch2bruchulk for the idea for this story!