Asking

Fourth Year:
  Hermione was sat at a table reading by herself in the library, typical of a Thursday afternoon. She was starting to get a little bit worried about not having a date to the Yule ball. Not something she would usually be worried about at all but she really wanted to prove to Ron that she wasn't someone he could just push around.
  Suddenly someone sat down across from her.
  "Evening Granger." Hermione looked up to see Malfoy, platinum hair slicked back and a smug look on his face.
  "What do you need Malfoy?" Hermione asked.
  "Funny you asked, I was wondering when you were planning on asking me to the Yule ball? Tomorrow? Or after the quidditch match?" Draco asked. Hermione raised her eyebrows.
  "What? I was never planning on asking-" Hermione said.
  "Oh! I'll save you the trouble of asking, yes I'll go with you Granger, I know it would fulfill all of your fantasies about me." Draco said. Hermione almost wanted to punch him again. But then she got to thinking, boy would this make Ron furious.
  "Shut up Malfoy." Hermione said. It sounded meaner than she meant it to. Draco almost looked hurt.
  "Is this your twisted way of asking me to the dance?" Hermione asked him.
  "Maybe it is. Maybe I'm just being a gentleman." Draco shrugged. Either way Hermione wanted to say yes, although she couldn't quite explain why. She might've blamed it on making Ron mad, but later she would find out just how much she loved Draco and just didn't know it yet.
  "Look Granger I've always-" Draco said but was interrupted as someone came over to them.
  "Scuse me? Can I have a word with Hermioninny?" It was Victor Krum. Draco's face fell and Hermione blushed.
  "I guess so." Draco said and walked away. Really he hid behind the bookshelf so he could hear their conversation.
  "So Hemrimiony, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with me?" Krum asked. Hermione thought about this. Sure Krum was nice, famous, and extremely handsome but he just didn't do it for Hermione, something was off. Maybe the age difference.
  "I'm sorry, I've already been asked." Hermione said. Krum just sat and stared like she hadn't answered yet.
  "So you'll go with me?" He asked.
  "No, I'm going with someone else..." Hermione tried to explain.
  "Who?" Krum furrowed his brow.
  "Draco Malfoy." Hermione couldn't even believe that those words had just come out of her mouth. Draco couldn't contain his massive smile as he walked out of the library, he didn't need to hear the rest of the conversation, he knew Hermione would go with him and nothing made him happier.