Ministry Mania Pt 4

Disguised and hooded Draco and Hermione could barely make it into the doorway of the Hogs Head. The meeting was filled to the brim with wizards, witches, and even a few goblins.

Standing on her tip toes and surveying the amount of crowd, Hermione grabbed Draco's hand behind her and pulled him into the room.

As they passed by, Hermione took mental note of everyone she recognized. She had had no idea what to expect going into this meeting but every familiar face was an old wound tore open further and further. She noticed classmates such as Lavender Brown and Padma Patil. These girls who would gossip until you glued their mouths shut, but never harm a fly unless necessary, looking absolutely broken with rage and grief.

Finally Draco and Hermione arrived at a spot near the middle of the crowd where they could see the table being used as a stage. Someone started to make their way up to it and the crowd began to chant.

"Death to Death-Eaters! Death to Death-Eaters!" The crowd ramped up the volume and Draco clutched Hermione's arm.

She turned to look at him and for a split second forgot that they did not look at all like themselves. Even with red hair and a hand-me-down robe, Hermione saw in his eyes that Draco was upset. Whether at this display of public hatred or with himself, she could not tell.

"Are you alright?" Hermione whispered to him.
Draco/Percy nodded and gulped.
"You can wait outside if you'd feel more comfortable." Hermione suggested. Draco shook his head.
"No. I need to hear this." He said solemnly. Hermione furrowed her brows but could not follow-up with questions as the speaker pointed their wand to their throat and began talking.

"Hello and good evening everyone!" The man a top the table that Hermione did not recognize spoke to the audience. The crowd roared, whooped, and hollered.
"Thank you for coming out tonight. Now, we have important updates. We know the ministry is seeing what we're doing. All of our posters have been torn down in Diagon Alley. Our point will not be ignored!" He spoke. The crowd cheered again.

"Tomorrow morning before dawn we already have a group of brave volunteers to spread our purpose and reinstate the informative posters across Diagon Alley. Doubling the amount this time. Next, we're bringing them to Hogwarts!" The man continued on, drawing the crowd further in with every word.
Hermione's jaw dropped. She had no idea that this organization was planning to advance their ideas on to children at school. As she was about to say something about this to Draco, the man changed his speech.

"To talk more about this week's plans, I present our leader, the woman who started it all, Cho Chang."
Hermione's breath quickened and forehead began to sweat, she nearly fainted. How could someone in her OWN department be running, nonetheless have started, this hateful organization. Especially someone as timid and sweet as Cho. She couldn't believe it, she wouldn't.

Nonetheless, Cho stood up on the table and began spewing plans for the week consisting of spreading the agenda of anti-death eater ideals and who would patrol the grounds of Malfoy manor each morning. The meeting eventually concluded and Hermione and Draco rushed out so they could not be seen or spoken to by anyone. They swiftly apparated to Hermione's flat.

———
"Oh my god." Hermione stated in pure shock as they landed in her living room. She repeated the phrase over and over until she noticed Draco had been noticeably silent. He was sitting on the sofa, staring blankly into the fireplace.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked him.
Draco laughed.
"Granger why on earth are you asking if I'M okay?" He responded. Hermione sat next to him.
"Because that was awful! That display of public hatred upset me, I can't imagine how it feels to be the subject of it." Hermione said exasperatedly.