Letters (Part Two)

Hermione's raised her cup of tea to her mouth with a shaky hand. She glanced at that clock in the kitchen. 8:45. How early was too early? She figured it was time to go. The park was a five minute walk from her house and maybe Draco would show up early.
  "I'm going for a walk mum I'll be back soon." Hermione shouted as she walked out the door. She checked to make sure her wand was in her pocket.
  As she walked the sidewalk she avoided acorns and cracks (in case of bad luck). She didn't believe in superstitions but she needed all the luck she could get tonight. She needed to find out what was going on with Draco.
  She arrived at the park and still had ten minutes until Draco was supposed to show. It was virtually empty besides a few squirrels and birds that meandered around.
The time passed slower than anything ever had before. Hermione took deep breaths in and out in hopes to calm her nerves. Suddenly she heard a 'whoosh'.
Draco had apparated right beside her. He was still new to it so it took him a second to collect his balance.
"Draco, you came." Hermione stated with a hint of excitement.
"I couldn't not." Draco replied. Hermione reached out to hug him and he couldn't refuse. If he was already with her, why not make the most of it?
"I've missed you." Hermione said into his chest. Draco almost smiled before he remembered the circumstances.
"I wish things could be different Mione." Draco said. Hermione stepped back and let go.
"What things? Can you please explain to me what is happening with you?" Hermione asked.
"I can't." He said. Hermione furrowed her eyebrows.
"Not fully at least, but I can clue you in." Draco suggested. Hermione sighed.
"Well it's better than nothing I suppose." She said.
"What you said in the letter was right, I am afraid of my parents but also something bigger." Draco said. Hermione listened intently.
"I don't know how much you know about what went down at the ministry a few months ago but, he's back. I know you know that. I know you were there for some of it. That's what makes me nervous." Draco tried to explain.
"I get that you're nervous for my safety. I'm concerned about you to. You're in much closer proximity to him than I am. But I don't think that means we can't be together." Hermione said. Draco shook his head.
"It's just- I think that it's easier for me to... to break it off now than have someone else do it in a much worse way." Draco said. Hermione took his hand in hers. He glanced down at their intertwined fingers.
"Draco you can't worry so much about the future and forget to enjoy your life now." Hermione said. Draco sighed heavily.
  "I can't stand the thought of you getting hurt and it being my fault." Draco said.
  "Draco I can't tell what will happen from now on but I can tell you this... I want to be with you. No matter what." Hermione said. Draco smiled, tears brimming his eyes.
  "Ok?" Hermione asked. Draco nodded.
  "Okay." He said.
  "But you better not be joining up with death eaters or I'm out." Hermione warned jokingly. They both laughed. Together they would stay.