87 - Aizawa

Yeah, you feel right so stay a sec

They had passed. All of them but two had passed the test. The two that hadn't passed - Bakugou and Todoroki - really were the most unexpected. Aizawa could have sworn they'd pass with ease, but they both had lost their temper and behaved irrationally. Well, there was always a second chance.

Right now, he had to find Kaori and talk to her. Emi Fukukado had been grinding his gears, chewing down on his nerves all this time and all Aizawa had been able to think about was the sad look on Kaori's face. The poor girl. He really should have warned her beforehand, but then again he didn't know that Fukukado would be here of all places. All these years of teaching and they had never been at the same examination sites. This was just pure bad luck.

Hopefully he could catch her alone for a while. They hadn't been apart for long, but he really missed her. He was so used to seeing her every day, especially now with the dorm system in place. Where did she disappear to? He really hoped that Fukukado wouldn't catch up to him now.

"Mr. Aizawa?" a quiet voice said behind him. He turned around and looked into her tired and exhausted eyes. Aizawa wanted to pull her into a tight hug and kiss the top of her head, but there were people around.

"Shinsou, I've been looking for you. Come on, let's... find a quiet place." he said to her. She sighed and nodded.

"What do we need a quiet place for?" she wanted to know. Aizawa wasn't going to bother to tell her, as he looked around a corner, seeing it led into a practically empty hallway. He grabbed her arm and pulled her into the hallway, pushing her up against the wall in the process.

"Shouta?" she breathed, looking up at him in surprise, but a slightly curious expression in her eyes as well. Aizawa couldn't help it. He glanced to the side and there was no one there. Thank God.

He closed the distance between them, bringing their bodies closer together, for a short, desperate kiss. It was unlikely anyone had seen that. And if they did, Aizawa hoped they'd just assume that Kaori was another teacher. Who would know, unless they looked really, really hard?

"Shou, what if someone saw that?" she asked nervously. Aizawa smiled at her and moved away from her a little.

"No one saw. Don't worry. I couldn't really wait much longer, sorry." he mumbled and smirked.

Kaori laughed and shook her head, which was a huge relief for Aizawa. He wasn't sure whether she was still upset with him or not, but it seemed it wasn't too bad, at least. She was laughing, that had to count for something. He knew he had some explaining to do, but that was okay.

"I missed you." Kaori admitted and sighed.

"Look, I know Fukukado can be a bit much and there is some unexplained, uh... history there. But there is no need to worry, okay?" he tried explaining. He didn't even know where to start.

"The only thing that really annoyed me was how she kept ignoring me, like I wasn't there. She seems to be a piece of work. You're... you're not sleeping with her, are you?" Kaori asked, looking a little insecure, despite what she was saying. Aizawa smiled at her and shook his head.

"No, I'm not." he said to her, brushing a loose strand of hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear.

"Good. So why is she...?"

"We used to go out years ago. It was only a few dates, but she somehow got it in her head that we were a thing. Maybe it was people at work making comments, who knows, but yeah. That's all there is to it. We went out a few times, but the whole thing never worked out and went nowhere." Aizawa explained.