Daddy's Here

Pairing: Arno Dorian
Warning: none?
Note: haven't written Arno for the longest time, like damn. 
Requested by: no one

"It's okay, it's okay," Arno murmured. "It's just a nightmare, it's just a dream. Daddy's here, Daddy's here." 

Arno tucked Y/n's head under his chin, hushing her while rubbing circles on her back. 

"I know, I know. You're scared. Nightmares are meant to be scary, but Daddy's here to keep you safe." 

Y/n sniffled, tightening her grip on his robes.

"I'm going to tuck you into bed now, okay?" Y/n shook her head as a "no". 

Arno shifted Y/n into a more comfortable position before standing up from her bed. 

"Okay. You can stay with me for the night then."

"Daddy?" 

"Daddy?" 

Arno looked up from the book then jumped to his feet. 

"Who or what made you cry?" 

Y/n didn't answer him, instead; she held her arms out for him to hold her. Arno scooped her up, cradling her close to him. 

"It's okay. Daddy's here." 

Y/n sniffled, wrapping her arms around his neck. 

"Daddy's here, sweetheart." 

With one hand holding Y/n close and the other holding a pen, Arno literally has his hands full

Another nightmare and panic attack in one go. At this point, Arno doesn't even go to sleep. His constant worrying about Y/n is causing his insomnia. 

Speaking of Y/n. 

He felt her shift in his arms. He placed his pen off to the side before brushing strands of h/c hair away from her eyes. 

"Hi, baby," Arno cooed. 

Y/n mumbled something before falling asleep again causing Arno to chuckle. 

"Daddy's here, sweetheart. Daddy's here." 

"Daddy?" 

"Daddy?" 

"Hmm?" 

"I love you." 

Arno stopped cleaning his hidden blade. He twisted his torso to look at Y/n. 

"I love you too, sweetheart." 

Y/n climbed to Arno's lap. Arno placed the hidden blade off to the side before wrapping his arms around her. 

"Daddy loves you too and he'll always be there for you."