Forgive Me

I wrote this on Tumblr under the username ct9ner. It is NOT plagiarism. I'll be using a random name and if it's yours, switch it out with a different name. Some physical features will be given.

Those robes look awfully familiar Shay thought, watching the hooded figure disappear down a street.

An assassin? In New York? Impossible.

Shay quickly followed after the figure, climbing up a side of a building to the top.

He stopped at the top and watched the figure continue going down the streets. The figure stopped walking all of a sudden and tugged their hood down.

Shay choked for a moment. He could've sworn he saw her.

Lily. The woman he loved for many years until Liam married her. She wasn't an assassin, no. She was a civilian that caught Liam's eye.

She was young when she married Liam but she had no regrets unlike her family. So she moved to the homestead to stay with Liam.

After Liam's death, Shay didn't know what happened to Lily. He assumed she's still living with Achilles, taking care of the old man.

Seeing Lily after all these years again caused Shay's heart to stop. But.

Something was different about Lily. Her eyes. Beautiful hazel eyes replaced by blue.

She wasn't Lily, no. A clone, perhaps? A twin sister?

A rope dart looped around Shay's leg and pulled him off the building. Shay hit the ground with a loud thud and groaned at the impact. The rope dart dig into his calf and Shay pulled it out.

"Pity this is how we meet," Shay looked up at the girl. "A pity indeed."

"Who are you?"

Her intense blue eyes pierced through Shay's darker ones and her lips curled into a snarl.

"Pity. Just pitiful," she snarled. "You murdered him. You murdered my father and I should murder you for taking his life along with my mother's."

It finally clicked. Liam and Lily's daughter is standing in front of him and he never knew until now.

"You don't understand," said Shay. "I had to. The assassins you are working for caused me to kill millions of people in Lisbon!"

"Liar!" She snapped. "You murdered so many people and for what? A stupid box and a book?"

The way she was crying, the way she looked so angry. She inherited it all from Lily.

"If I had known Liam fathered a child I would've considered to let him live," said Shay.

"But you didn't and I am done giving out forgiveness," said the girl.

She yanked out a pistol and aimed at Shay.

"And now, it's time for me to avenge my parents."