Bird in A Cage

Pairing: Desmond Miles
Warning: ?????
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

Six months, two weeks, three days, five hours, twenty-two minutes, and fifty-three seconds. 

With her back turned to the door, Y/n stayed curled up in a tight ball with her forehead resting on her knees. She tensed when she heard the door sliding open and footsteps approached her. 

"Up," Y/n didn't move and a hand grabbed her arm. "Ain't taking no as an answer, you brat."

The man forced her up to her feet and shoved her out the door. With one hand holding her arm, he dragged her through the halls of Abstergo. 

"Get me to do babysitting again and I'll maim yer arm off," the man said with a grunt, shoving Y/n forward. 

She caught herself by the edge of the table, shooting a glare at the man. 

"Now, now," said Melanie. "Be kind to her. After all, she is an....important asset." 

The man scoffed. 

"Yeah, yeah." 

Melanie giggled before turning her attention to Y/n. 

"Now, Miss. Miles. You know what to do." 

And back to her "room" she is

And back to her "room" she is. Legs tucked into her chest, one arm wrapped around her legs, forehead on her knees, seven-year-old Y/n Miles is alone yet again. 

Another memory of Connor and Ezio and another person she wasn't familiar with. It doesn't matter anymore. She's locked up with nowhere to go. 

She's a bird in a cage. 

Shortly after her father's death, the assassins escorting her were ambushed and she was captured. 

With her free hand, her fingertips tapped against the floor. 

Tap, tap, tap, long dash, long dash, long dash, tap, tap, tap. 

Over, and over, and over again. 

She stopped when she felt a rumble underneath her. A smile crept on her face and she lifted her head up. 

And finally, the bird was free from the cage.