Duckling

Pairing: Jacob Frye
Warning: none
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

                                              "Daddy!" Jacob heard a child shouting, he looked out the window and saw his daughter dangling from a tree branch making him sigh. 

                                               "Let her get down there herself," Evie told her twin. 

                                                "She's gonna fall and crack her head open!" Jacob protests. 

                                                 "Daddy!" Jacob looked out the window again then jumped out. 

                                                 "All right, duckling," said Jacob, "Let go and I'll catch ya!" The child released her hold on the branch and her father caught her just like he promised. 

                                                 Jacob kissed her forehead, murmuring, "Good girl." And carried her inside. 

                                                 That night, Jacob and Evie argued over Y/n, Jacob's daughter. 

                                                 "She's not going to learn!" Evie protests. 

                                                  "I don't want her to be an assassin!" Jacob hissed back, "I want her to grow up like a normal little girl and not like how we grew up Evie. I don't want to be screaming at her face for failing to be like you." 

                                                   Jacob entered Y/n's small bedroom, he saw her sitting up with a small duck plushie in her small hands. 

                                                    "You heard everything?" 

                                                      Y/n nodded making Jacob sigh. He tossed his top hat to the side then his overcoat and sat on the edge of Y/n's bed. She crawled onto his lap, she looked up at him as he pulled her close to his warm body. 

                                                       "I'm sorry ya had to hear that, duckling," said Jacob, "Daddy's only tryin' to protect ya. Your auntie wants to do the same but different and that's the way I don't want ya to grow up in." 

~Time skip~

                                                        Jacob held Y/n's hand as they crossed the busy street of London. Her light blue dress fluttered at every movement as Y/n struggled to keep up with her father's long strides. 

                                                         "Daddy," Y/n whines, getting tired of running after him, "Up." Jacob scopes her up in his arms. 

                                                          Y/n rested her head on her father's shoulder then started to doze off. Jacob met up with Evie and Henry Green, Henry agreed to watch over Y/n while Jacob and Evie were off to take down another Templar. Problem is: saying goodbye to Jacob's little duckling. 

                                                          "Don't go!" Y/n pleads, tightening her grip on Jacob's leg. 

                                                           "Daddy, please! Don't go!" Jacob sighs, trying to pry her fingers from his leg.