Formal Events

Pairing: Arno Dorian
Warning: none
Note: reader is 16.
Requested by: hopeless_otaku_315

"I don't understand why I had to come along," Y/n grumbled.

Arm in arm, the father and daughter moved across the ballroom.

Arno received a letter asking for his presence and his daughter's as well much to her displeasure.

"I know, I know," said Arno. "I promised you that you can stay home and paint as much as you wanted but this is important, chérie."

Y/n sighed, tightening her grip on Arno's arm.

She's never liked crowds or anyone in general. They're all asking her the same question.

When are you getting married?

Um, bitch, I'm 16?!

Y/n was snapped out of her thoughts by Arno's greeting.

"Y/n, this is Phillip, Gerard, and Demetri," said Arno, gesturing to the three men. "You've already met Axeman."

A man raised a glass to Y/n and her eyes went to the three men instead.

Originally, Y/n planned to sit by the window and look outside while waiting for Arno to finish talking to his colleagues, but nope. Not this time.

"So, Y/n. What do you like to do?"

Y/n glanced over to Phillip, blinking at him.

"Mhm?"

"He asked what you like to do in your free time, chérie," said Arno, tucking a strand of h/c hair behind her ear.

"Surely you know. She's your daughter," said Demetri.

"She's old enough to answer on her own, don't you think, Demetri?" Gerard spoke up.

Y/n looked away from the bickering men and out the window again. Arno sighed, sitting down beside Y/n.

"I wish I had my drawing pad," Y/n mumbled. "It's so pretty to look out here."

"Oh, so you like to draw?" Drawing Y/n's attention back to Phillip.

"Oh, uh, yes. I do like to draw."

Phillip moved to sit beside Y/n.

"What type of drawings? People? Places? Inanimated objects?"

"Since when did you become an art expert?" Demetri droned.

"Since fucking forever ago, dolt."

Arno sighed, tugging Y/n closer to him.

"Here we go again, chérie."

"Does that mean we can make bets?"

"Chérie...."

So, I originally was planning to have this titled as something else than realized I shouldn't use that as a title, like ever. Also, can anyone recommend any anime on Netflix? I just binged SAO the other night and have nothing to watch. Before anyone says it, I am not interested in Avatar the Last Airbender.