Coming Home

Pairing: Connor Kenway ft Helena
Warning: none (?)
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

"Be careful," Helena warned Connor, handing him his bag.

"I know," said Connor, hefting the bag over his shoulder. "Take care of yourself, Y/n, and everyone else here."

"You know damn well I will," said Helena. "Are you sure you don't want to say goodbye to Y/n though? You know she hates it when you leave."

"That's exactly why I don't want her to say it. I'd rather not see her teary eyes."

And that was that.

With her arms crossed, Helena watched Connor ride off into the night.

Washington needed his help down in Gettysburg and the revolution is on the verge of ending. It made sense for Connor to leave now.

Helena sighed before walking up the steps of the homestead.

"He's left now, has he?" Helena looked over to her right to see Achilles hobbling over to her.

"He has," Helena confirmed. "Is Y/n still asleep?"

"You tell me," said Achilles, moving to sit down on a chair. "After all, she is your daughter."

Helena sighed, activating Eagle Vision. She looked up and found Y/n still sleeping in her bedroom.

"Yeah. She's still asleep."

The silence did not last for very long

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE LEFT?!"

Helena sighed, watching Y/n pace back and forth.

Despite being six, she's become an over dramatic child. Now, who could she have learned that skill from?

"Y/n, he's coming back. You know this," said Helena. "Come here, sweetie."

Y/n sniffled and accepted Helena's hug, burying her face in Helena's shoulder.

"I know it's hard that he has to leave often," said Helena. "Believe me, it's difficult for me too. I wanted to go with him, but since I can't-" Helena rubbed her rounded stomach- "I can't."

Y/n looked down at Helena's growing baby bump.

"When is the baby coming?"

"In a few more weeks, I think. We'll need to have another checkup with the doctor to confirm."

"Can I have a sister then?"

"Haha. We'll just have to wait and see."

"I don't want a brother."

"Y/n."

"Welcome back, Connor," said Achilles, watching Connor unpack the horse

"Welcome back, Connor," said Achilles, watching Connor unpack the horse. "You've missed quite a lot while you were gone." 

Connor stiffened before turning to face his mentor. 

"The-?" 

"Yes, Connor. Your son was born three days ago. Your wife and son are well. Helena is currently bed ridden until she is well enough to get up." 

Connor didn't even wait for Achilles to finish before darting inside the homestead. Taking three steps at a time, Connor skidded into the room. 

"Helena." 

Helena looked up at Connor. 

"Connor." 

Connor swiftly approached his wife, settling down beside her on the bed. Nestled in Helena's arms was his son. 

"Welcome home," said Helena, tilting her head up at Connor. 

"It's good to be back," said Connor, leaning down to kiss her temple. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone, especially when you needed me the most." 

"It's okay, Connor. I understand," said Helena, leaning up to kiss his jaw. "Y/n's a bit disappointed she didn't get a sister though." 

"Hm. I'm not surprised. She's been wanting a sister for the longest time." 

"Well, we can't really control that."

"....his name. Did you name him yet?" Helena shook her head, resting her head on his shoulder. 

"I wanted to wait for you," Helena explained. "But I do have a name in mind." 

"Oh?" 

Helena smiled at Connor. 

"Haytham." 

Connor brushed his knuckle against the baby's cheek. 

"Haytham it is."

Finally figured out how to use Picrew

Finally figured out how to use Picrew. This is how I'd imagine she'd look like but her hair is a lot darker.

Also, I HAVE FINALLY WROTE SOMETHING THAT'S MORE THAN 300 WORDS! FINALLY! I WAS SO FRUSTRATED WHENEVER I COULDN'T WRITE ANYTHING THAT WAS MORE THAN 300 WORDS!

Update: updated Helena picture!