Nightmares

Pairing: Jacob Frye
Warning: none
Note: takes place after JTR DLC.
Requested by: no one

The door quietly creaked open.

Jacob stopped writing and turned to face the door to see Y/n.

"Y/n? What's wrong? It's late."

Y/n wiped her nose with the back of her hand, walking towards Jacob. Once close, Jacob picked her up, placing her on his lap.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

She nodded and Jacob tucked her head under his chin.

It's been several weeks since Jack's reign ended. Jacob vividly remembered watching Y/n scream for Jack to stop hurting him (Jacob).

It's certainly scarred Y/n for good, terrifying her to no end.

So he moved out to Wales, to the lush and peaceful lands.

It's different from London for sure. No more factories, no more bustling, and chatter of the people. Nothing but the gentle breeze of wind.

Emmet, Jacob's oldest, was tasked to watch over London and the leader of the Rooks.

When the Council learned about Jacob's plans to move, they interjected.

Your daughter needs training.

No. Absolutely not.

She's scared, terrified. She wasn't made to be an assassin nor will he let her. She deserved to have a peaceful childhood.

Laying in bed together, Jacob reached over to tuck a strand of h/c hair behind Y/n's ear. He planted a soft kiss to her forehead and pulled the covers over them.

"Goodnight, darling. I promise you that no harm will come to you anymore."

Some fluff before I disappear into my "cave" again.