Part 49 - Plan B

Začít od začátku

" Arjun Sir...!!!! "
Riya calls me making me realize that all this time I've been staring at her as I process all what she said. I had already done so much that I didn't wanted to do anything more to hurt Riya or any one from our family. Moreover I promised Riya that no matter what she decides, I accept it. So there's no second choice here. If she wants divorce, then I'll give her.

Nodding a slow yes, I finally talk as I look at Riya ;
" Okay.. I guess you're right.. We should not be giving them any false hope.. So you'll send me the papers or should I arrange for them..?? "

" I....."
Riya is about to answer this question of mine when the door of my cabin slams open and Chotu runs in a very panicked way looking as if he's brought some bad news.

" Arjun Sirrrr..... Riiiiiii.... "
He takes our names in a very worried way while panting for air making us both go near him instinctively as Riya asks him in a concerned manner ;

" What happened Chotu...?? Why are you running like this..?? "

And taking a very small break to compose himself, Chotu says shocking us ;
" Dadi.... Dadi sa... Archana Dadi Saa.... Damini Aunty just called Sam bhai.. She's said that Dadi Sa.. Dadi Sa got a heart attack... And they rushed her to the hospital..!! Damini Aunty told you and Sam bhai to get there as soon as possible..!! Sam bhai already left with Ayesha.. Told me to inform you both... They'll be waiting for you two there only. "

And the very next second all I know grabbing they keys of the vehicle on my desk and is running out of my cabin along Riya and we rush to the hospital that Chotu told us about.

SOME TIME LATER
THE HOSPITAL
THIRD PERSON POV

As soon as the SUV stops in the hospital parking lot, Riya and Arjun run inside as if their lives depends knowing how important is to them both. Arjun never really saw his own grandmother as she passed away before his birth, never experienced what's like being loved and cared by a grandmother but when he met, that woman never ever differentiated between him and her own grandson. Archana loved them both equally and treated them both the same way. And Riyaaa..

Well it's no secret that her own grandmother, the legend Sumitra Mukherjee, never really liked her nor her sister, staying few days with her after her real parents' death proved that. Hence expecting anything normal from her was way too much asked and staying away from her seemed to be the best way out. But while recovering from the X-Zorra virus when Sameer sent Riya to his native place where she met the latter's grandmother, Archana and realized how lucky are the kids who are blessed with loving and caring grandparents. After having faced all the pain and suffering inflicted on her due to Sumitra, she had kind of accepted that maybe she was not destined to experience the love of paternal grandma but meeting Archana at her most weak moment was the turning point in her life, in very less time she grew so close to Archana.

 After having faced all the pain and suffering inflicted on her due to Sumitra, she had kind of accepted that maybe she was not destined to experience the love of paternal grandma but meeting Archana at her most weak moment was the turning point i...