Part 48 - Normal ?

Part 48

MANY HOURS LATER
THE SEASIDE
IN MUMBAI
RIYA POV

It's been a long time since I've arrived in  Mumbai after the entire tragedy happened. After having cried my heart out in the washroom, I felt very lost... I took some time to gather myself to decide what to do next. So without even changing, I wrote a letter and left it behind for my family knowing that they'll be worried upon finding me nowhere there as I left the Rathore mansion to come back here to Mumbai to be away from them all for a while so that I can sort myself and my future plans out.
Knowing exactly what I'm going to do, I look at the horizon of the sea in front of me.

This wedding is just unwanted and forced on both Arjun Sir and me. I remember how he made the rash decision of marrying me after hearing Abhay's words. Arjun Sir may seem to be insensitive, rude and emotionless at times but he is also without any doubt a very nice and good-hearted man who cared a lot about his team. The team in which I also kind of form part of. The team of which he is very protective and possessive of, he may not accept that publicly but I know for a fact that he is.
I understand that Arjun Sir reacted that way last night because he feels responsible for our safety and lives but this time things went overboard.

Moreover I know that once he'll calm down, even Arjun sir will accept like me that this wedding is just a mistake. We all know that the purpose of his life is to avenge Roshni's death while mine is to avenge my family's death. We may be colleagues and friends but we're definitely not suitable to be each other's life partners.. At least not with the current situation in our lives.

" Riyaaa.... Is it you..??? What are you doing here..?? Weren't you supposed to be in Rajasthan with the others..?? "
Suddenly I hear a familiar voice coming from my back and knowing who it is and as expected Anirudh Basu, my baba comes and stands ahead of me first with a surprised look which changes into complete shock as soon as he comes face to face with me and see the sindoor in my hairline and the manglasutra in my neck.

" What the hell... Riya... What is all of this..??? What the heck happen to you..?? Why are you wearing all of these..??? Did you get married..?? To whom..!?? "
Baba freaks out as expected grabbing the attention of the people nearby as they look at us like aliens.

Trying not to make a scene in public, I say in a strict way sounding as bossing as I can ;
" Baba.. Calm down... Let's go to the hotel and I'll explain you everything...!!! "

Having said that I start walking away as Baba follows me all confused but still without saying anything more knowing that I am not going to say anything till we're alone.

SOME TIME LATER
HOTEL ROOM
RIYA POV

As soon as we enter the room and close the door behind, Baba once again shoots at me this time demanding answers for his questions. Knowing that he is not going to stay quiet now, till I don't reply him, I wait for him to calm down down first and then talk.

"Okay Baba... Calm down... Please calm down... I know you need answers for all of this but if you don't let me speak then how am I supposed to clarify your doubts..??

You are right.. Last night, not everything went as we had planned. We managed getting the file, Aayu got married successfully but after that things went completely wrong.

After the wedding, I went to the terrace to get some fresh air and then............  "
I tell him all what happened afterwards without hiding anything.
I stated the fact that that Abhay drugged me and kidnapped me. That after having that he tried to marry and r*pe me while I'd not be in my senses. And how my family and the rest came to my rescue. How Abhay and his goons tried to stop them. And how in a fit of rage and anger, Arjun Sir ended up marrying me.
I confessed all without hiding anything, without the fear of being judged.