Part 41 - Mehandi - l

Part 41

Mehandi Ceremony
During The Day
RIYA POV

All ready for today's function, I step out in the garden area after having done my set of designated work and then getting ready quickly.

Everyone are already there as expected. I look around admiring the decorations done for this function.

I can see the boys Samraat, Shree and Chotu by the poolside. Nowadays these 3 guys seem to be lost in their own world. Why do I feel like there is something big.. very big and serious going on between them.

I walk towards them all determined to know what they are planning. They're my friends, a single glance at them and I can suggest that there's something going on with them.

" Completely fabulous..!! "
I hear Shree say in an all excited way as I approach them.

" What's fabulous Shree?? "
I ask as I stand in front of those 3 looking at them hands crossed with doubts in my mind.

However those 3 go white and shocked as soon as they see me as if they have seen a ghost.

" Answer me guyss..!!!! "
I say in a serious way so that they feel like I'm not going to accept any type of ridiculous reply from them.

But those 3 just look at each other as if trying to formulate a reply through their eyes.
Sensing what they are trying to do, I decide to attack the most simple one of those 3.

" Chotu..!!!
Won't you tell me what's going on..??
After all we're best friends Naah..!!!
We still are, right..!!?? "
I say in an emotionally blackmailing way.

Noticing the small change in his facial expressions, I keep my drama on ;
" Nowadays you guys make me feel like I'm no longer part of the group now..!!! You guys never share anything with me..!! "
I say feigning small tears along.

Looking at him from the corner of my eyes, I can see that my actions have had their effect on Chotu as he comes closer to me and holds my hand as he speaks in an all concerned way ;

" No way Riya..!!!
You know how important you are to me..!!! You're the one who have always understood me without even me saying it..!!! How can you even think that I'll forget you..!!! "

" Then why do I feel like you are hiding something from me..!!? "
I say what I actually feel.

" It's just that we are.... "
Chotu starts talking but Shree interrupts him as he continues ;

" Praising how Chandini cooks fabulous food..!! "

" Yaa Riya..!!!
We were just talking about Chandini's food... Praising her cooking talent..!! "
Samraat adds with a carefree normal face trying to convince me.

" Really..!!?? "
I ask all suspiciously.

" Obviously Riiii..!!!
You know how Chotu feels about Chandini.. We were just teasing him...!!!
And you think really we'll ever be able to hide anything from you...!! "
Shree says as if nothing is wrong.

With the way and conviction he said this, left me nothing more to say. Maybe I'm the one imaginating this. Maybe while trying to ensure that this wedding and my mission in Mumbai goes well at the same time is driving me nuts.

" I'm sorry guys..
It's just that there's so many things going on in my mind. "
I say trying to make up for my doubt.

" It's okay Riya...
We can understand you..!! After all your sister is getting married. With the preparations and all it must be really very tiring for you.. And even emotionally, you must be a little low that you will be living without her now..!! "
Samraat says reminding me of this particular detail.