I want to see Mahira, so I dragged Yash along with me to the reception.

We entered inside.

Mr and Mrs Kapoor welcomed us. We exchanged greetings.

My eyes are searching for Mahira.

Yash excused himself to attend a call.

I started searching for Mahira.

.
.
.
.

Finally, I spotted her checking some arrangements.

I went to her.

She saw me and went in the opposite direction.

This continued for some time. Me following her, she avoiding and escaping from me.

In the hurry of running from me, she got slipped on steps and about to fall. I catch her in my arms from falling. She closed her eyes in fear. Luckily no one is here, as it is the backside of the venue.

I started admiring her. I want this time to freeze.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw me. She hurriedly tried to go out from my hold but I catch her again.

"I will release you but answer me, why are you avoiding me?" I asked directly.

"I'm not avoiding you. Leave me." She said.

"It's not happening. " I said smiling.

She gave an angry look.

I released her.

"Ok. Now I released you. So say, why are avoiding me? Are you angry with me for taking you to the beach without your knowledge or because of my confession? " I asked.

She stayed silent.

"Ok. I'm sorry for taking you to the beach without your consent. I just thought to surprise you, I never thought to make you uncomfortable. I don't have any bad intentions. And I'm not sorry for my confession because those are my genuine feelings towards you. I. LOVE. YOU. " I said.

"I don't have such feelings for you. " She answered.

"Ok. Do you like anyone another person in such a way?" I asked.

She shook her head as no.

"Am I a bad person? Do you hate me? " I asked.

She again shook her head as no.

"Good. Then I can try until you get feelings towards me. Mahira I will never force you. Take your time. If you want to spend some time knowing me more, it is ok with me. " I said softly.

She looked confused.

"It's ok. Don't think much. Enjoy the function. " I said going back to function and giving her some space to think.

Author's pov :

The reception party started, guests started arriving.

Ithika's parents and Rahul's father are receiving guests.

Mahira and Purvi are checking all the arrangements one last time.

Rahul and Ithika started to the venue.

Rahul's mother took Aaradhya and Amulya into a room, saying there is a surprise for them.

When they entered the room, they spotted there parents.

Aaru and Amu are surprised to see them, as when Ithika and Rahul invited them for their marriage and reception. They said, they can't make it as Aaru and Amu's grandma got sick recently and she needs someone to take care of her all the time. As there grandpa also recently had a heart operation, so their parents are busy taking care of them.