15/10/2000 Sunday

⚠A/N: THIS CHAPTER DEALS WITH SELF HARM! THERE IS A VERY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF ALEXIS' SELF HARM, SO PLEASE DO NOT READ IF IT HURTS YOU. I WILL SPECIFY WHEN IT HAPPENS BECAUSE THIS CHAPTER IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TO THE STORY. Thank you.⚠

Ladies and gentlemen, boys, and girls... we have a very special announcement for you today but-

My life, my story. Thank you but I don't need you to commentate over what goes on between the days.

Yes but the readers of your precious diary will never know what goes on and all the spicy details if you tell the story.

What do you want to do then?

Let me tell the story today, then you can go back to your boring life.

No

Why not?

Because I know you, you'll say something horrible and make me feel like shit.

That was kind of the point Lex.

Then absolutely not, you aren't going to tell people what happened today. I can perfectly manage on my own.

Fine then, but you can't get rid of me that easily.

Don't you think I know that I've had God knows how many therapists and you're still here.

I know right, I just love you so much.

Can I tell the story now?

Yes, go ahead.

Thank you, so it's obviously been a while, but nothing much has happened, and I mean it this time. She's not even going to but in and say anything like, 'are you kidding!!! Such and such happened.'

Lexi's right you know, nothing actually happened just those two lovebirds falling further in love. It's both extremely gross and desirable.

However, after all that boredom, something just had to happen.

And I must admit, it was quite adorable. To see you terrified and him looking down at you like that. You really were quite pitiful in that moment.

I know okay, I get it, but can I just carry on with the story.

Yes of course, you know I'm going to do this a lot. Pretend I'm not here.

That's what I've been trying to do for the last 8 years but look where it's gotten me.

Good point, we're stuck like super glue.

You're telling me. Anyway, today was quite busy for me. I still had work to finish off and I finally decided to start an essay which is due in 2 weeks. Just as I did the introduction, I heard a knock at my door, and saw a note being slipped under it. I walked over, picking up and reading the bright writing.

It was a flyer advertising the 'annual Cambridge Halloween ball' for the college. It was still a couple weeks away but walking around the city I keep seeing all sorts of posters for small Halloween concerts. I guess this is just like a primary school disco, but much more sophisticated.

I bet that boooyyyfffrriieeennddddd of yours will probably ask you to go with him. Just imagine him, in a suit... so handsome and- HEY! I'm you inner thoughts too you know. If you keep thinking like that, I'll turn soft.

I stuck the flyer on the corkboard above my bedside table, quickly going back to my desk, before another knock came to my door. I huffed as I threw down my pen and walked rather annoyed over to the door throwing it open.