15/06/2001 Friday

A/N: Because we're coming to the end of the story, the chapters are going to be a lot shorter than the sometimes 2000 words I've been writing. It'll probably still be at least 1000 words but it's not going to be very long compared to previous chapters.

Most stressful week of my life.

You can say that again.

Most stressful we-

Okay I didn't actually mean repeat it.

Shush okay. This week was exams week, and I've just finished my first year at university. My second English exam was a couple hours ago, and I'm just on a high between actually finished and the low from the insecurity of not doing well enough.

Just your regular every day then.

Pretty much, I thought I'd come back and get some things ready to pack up, things I wouldn't really need for the next couple of week's I've got left of the first year. I've got a couple of lectures I can go to which are just talking about next year and what we're studying. They're not mandatory like the lectures we've had this year, but I kind of want to go to be prepared for next year.

Yes, instead of being with your boyfriend now that you don't actually have to do anything intense, go to another lecture.

I'd rather be prepared than lazy so shush. I heard a knock on my door and opened It to see Tom smiling at me.

"Hey, I'm about to go to the lecture about next year, you coming?" Tom asked holding his hand out for me to take.

"Yep, let me just get my things." I grabbed my notebook and my bag, along with my bike helmet and left to the lecture hall with Tom.

The lecture was a lot shorter than the lectures we've had before mainly because it was just a little extra session. We were given some information about the texts we could read over the summer break, and we were given the syllabus so that we knew what to expect and a few essay questions to do over the holiday too.

So a bunch of boring shit to do while you're supposed to be doing nothing at all.

At least I'll have something to do, and it's not like I have to actually do it.

Well of course you do, if you didn't need to do it, they wouldn't have given it to you.

It won't take long so stop complaining.

Fine, whatever.

Good, I guess it's time to go over what happened in the exams.

--------

"Okay everyone when you get in the room you will be silent and not talk to anyone if you do so you will be disqualified. Please find your seat, which is in alphabetical order from left to right of the room, fill in your details on the front and do not start until you are told to." One of the exam invigilators explained as a long line of English students stood in front of the door to one of the large lecture halls, I was completely terrified and was squeezing my clear pencil case tightly in fear. I could see Tom around the middle of the line, and we caught each other's eye. He gave me a smile for comfort, and I gave him a nervous look but still trying to put a smile on my face.

"Good luck students," the invigilator said and one of the porter who had been guarding the door opened it letting people file in. Tom went through and my heart rate picked up more.

You're so going to fail.

I walked closer and closer to the entrance of the room, and my heart continued to race, I couldn't think, and my mind was all over the place. I'm not ready, I'm going to fail.