I N T O X I C A T E D || 16

*Third Person's POV*

During her drive to the bar, Kiara kept overthinking what she was doing. She wanted to make a U-turn back home. Albeit, with only one corner away from her destination and the intentions of going back to work, she decided to keep driving. Upon settling on that thought, she parked her car opposite the bar.

The music wasn't too loud. She could hear what sounded like muffled chants from various voices. Outside the bar was empty apart from the few vehicles littering the parking lot. As for the neighbouring buildings, all stores were closed - the bar was the only source of life at that time.

Kiara sighed and unbuckled the seatbelt. She was only wearing a light blue camisole and grey leggings. Reaching over to her passenger seat, she took her black jacket and wore it, zipping it all the way up since she had no bra on.

She got out of her car and locked it. Cole hasn't called or messaged her since she left home. She'd called him back many times, but no answer.

Crossing the road, Kiara scanned her eyes through the parking lot in hopes of seeing Cole's Chevy. When her eyes caught it, she jogged to the bar's door; eager to get him out and leave.

When she pushed the doors opened, the first thing she saw was a crowd in the corner. There were only male customers. Everyone else were workers dressed in their uniforms with the bar's name on it.

Kiara avoided the crowd, wanting no unnecessary interactions. She made her way to the counter where she saw a woman with short, green hair.

"Rachel, when they're done in that corner, wipe down the table," The woman instructed a worker who passed by. When she saw Kiara at the counter, the woman wiped her hands and cracked her knuckles, "What can I get ya darlin?"

Kiara sat on the stool. She didn't plan on purchasing any alcohol since she had to drive, "I'm looking for someone."

"Don't tell me, you're a detective after a criminal who's possible in here right now," She rolled her eyes and leaned over to Kiara, on her elbows, "Just give me the name and description so I can tell you. I snitch on these drunkards every week." She whispered.

Kiara was momentarily taken aback by the woman's brave statement, "Actually, no. The person I'm looking for isn't a criminal. His name is Cole."

She shrugged and proceeded with wiping wet glasses, "Never heard of him."

Kiara released an annoyed sigh. Cole was here, she knew it. That's when she remembered his second voicemail, "Well, he spoke to an Alice or Betsy-"

"Oh, that table flipper guy!" Realisation settled on the worker's face, "I'm Alice. I just sent him and his drunk crew over there." She pointed to the same crowd Kiara passed.

Kiara gulped nervously as she glanced towards the cheering men, "Um, did he come with all those men?"

"No. They're just cheering him on. I threatened to kick him out if he didn't stop flipping my damn tables, so he's now the Ultimate Drinker - his words." Alice then walked away to a room in the back.

Kiara sat still for a moment. She wasn't gonna leave Cole here. If he's the Ultimate Drinker, and the crowd is getting even louder, then he's most likely gonna drink till he's unconscious.

She gathered enough courage to walk towards the chanting crowd of drunk men. As she got closer, she understood that they were all shouting different things that didn't make sense.

Pushing through while mumbling soft apologies, she made it to the front line of the crowd. Kiara saw Cole laying on a wobbling table with a bottle of Hennessy in one hand and Tequila in the other. She cringed at the sight of him holding a quarter full bottle of Vodka up by his teeth as the liquid slid down the sides of his face.