C O N N E C T I O N || 09

Kiara's POV

I'm ready to leave this damn place.

One night back here, and I'm already losing my mind.

Thumbs up to Granny for staying sane with these two. 

"Candace, I changed her diapers more than you did! She's basically my child."

"I was in pain, that brought me to tears, for sixteen hours!"

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when siblings can't agree on something. They argue.

How this argument started was as stupid as what they were both saying. All because they couldn't decide who'd hug me first before I leave.

Anyone ever asked me if I wanted a hug? All I want is to go home and sleep my life away.

I'm honestly over these two.

"Please, just give me a hug together."

So y'all can shut up!

I was honestly surprised when they both wrapped their hands around me, pulling me into a tight embrace. Maybe it was a bad idea to ask for a hug at the same time.

This hug wasn't caring and filled with love.

It was deadly; dripping anger with the passing seconds. Both sisters competing to hug me tighter.

I don't even know how long they were holding me for, "Y'all let my baby go! Her eyes are getting red!" Their hands dropped at Granny's words, "Don't take y'all anger out on her. Darling, come have a little chat with Granny before you leave."

"We ain't even hug her that tight. Ma so damn extra." I hear aunt Darcy whisper while I walked to Granny.

Seems like she heard it too, "Call me extra again! I'll give you some extra slaps!"

I met Granny by her rocking chair. She pointed to the cheddar wood bench beside her.

When I took a seat, she turned and gave me a small smile, "He likes you."

"Who?" I was confused.

She rolled her eyes and nodded her head in the direction of Cole, who was talking on his phone, "The way he looks at you warms my heart. It's almost as if I feel this desperate connection reaching for you, but you aren't accepting it."

I looked at her, "Granny, ain't nothing like that happening. He's my employer's son. Soon to be my future boss. Whatever 'connection' you felt, ain't there."

"I really hate that city's stupid 'If the Mayor has a son, he should take over after blah, blah, blah' law. Why can't other people run for mayor?"

"Ughhh, that's a long story of politics and history. I'm already frustrated with what happened just now." I pouted at her.

"Girl, put that lip back. You ain't no damn dog."

"You're so mean at times." I whined at her.

"I know and I ain't care. Let's finish on the connection--"

"Granny there's no--"

"I know my ears have deceived me because you just interrupted me." I gulped. "As I was saying, if it wasn't for that connection, I would've shot the boy's weenie off."

"Granny you did not just call it that." I watched as she ate some cashews as if what she just said was normal, before I erupted in laughter.

"Ouu! Look baby, look," she whispered.