Chapter 3: TSUBAKI THE CAMELLIA BLOSSOM - WHAT REAL HURT FEELS LIKE?

Start from the beginning

Tsubaki: you have a point. Frightened souls seem to be more likely to become the sword's targets. Maybe the villagers are afraid of something.

Cole: they are.

Cole then uses the seismic sense to feel the area around. He found multiple villagers hiding in their homes and further found that they were afraid.

Cole: they're hiding in fear of something.

Blackstar: how can you tell that?

Cole: my seismic sense allows me to feel others' emotions, even when they lie.

Blackstar: how can you even do that when you can't even see normally?

Cole: focus on the task.

Tsubaki: Cole, Blackstar, there's something I need to tell you. It's about the enchanted sword. I haven't exactly explained everything yet.

Blackstar: (notices something) whoa. What's that?! (Runs off to it)

Tsubaki: Blackstar!

Cole: don't worry, he's alright.

Tsubaki: um, Cole, can you feel the sword's presence?

Cole: no. Until it's revealed, my senses can only show the current area around me. For instance, I can tell Blackstar's going to stand on a totem and announce his presence.

The two head down to his direction, and sure enough, he was on a totem and making his ego knowledgeable.

Blackstar: yahoo! Blackstar on stage! Front and center. Yeah!

Tsubaki: (panicked) please try not to break that.

Blackstar: a big star's here to perform for your tiny village. Come on out, everybody!

Tsubaki: quite down, Blackstar!

Cole: and you wonder why you suck at stealth.

???: hey, kid!

The three turn to see one of the villagers angered at them.

Old man: just what do you think you're doing up there? Do you realize you're standing on top of the village's guardian deity?

Jumping to conclusions, Blackstar suddenly appears in front of the man, grabs the collar of his shirt, and looks angered.

Blackstar: yeah, geezer?! Confess! You're the enchanted sword, aren't you?

Tsubaki: (worried) Blackstar...

Old man: so you're targeting the old folk first? You young city dwellers are horrible!

Tsubaki: Blackstar, it's not right to attack the elderly.

Old man: what was that young lady? Elderly? I'm still as active as ever. All day all night.

Blackstar: see, what'd I tell you. He's definitely the enchanted sword.

Tsubaki: he's not the enchanted sword.

???: what's going on? You come to visit the old timer?

Blackstar was about to interrogate him, but Cole moves fast enough to stop him.

Cole: forgive my friend. He's a bit excited. What's your name?

Ryoku: Ryoku.

Cole: a pleasure to meet you, Ryoku. I'm Cole, and these are my friends. We're from the DWMA, and we'd like to ask you something.

Ryoku: the academy? What do you guys want out here?

Cole: we're looking for someone. Have you by any chance seen an unknown individual with a strange sword?