Chapter 23: DEATH OF ARACHNE - A NEW ENEMY OF THE DWMA?

Picking up where we left off, the scene shows Cole and Kid running down the hallway after Mosquito.

Cole: so, Kid, any idea what that was back there?

Kid: I honestly don't know. Brew somehow unleashed the grim reaper powers inside me. Could that've been the reason why father gave it to me?

Cole: maybe. Although, your line—

Kid: please don't say it. I'll have a panic attack if you remind me of my asymmetrical hair.

Liz: hey, guys, there's still two more demon locks to go, right? Shouldn't we be worrying about those instead of chasing Mosquito right now?

Kid: Eruka and Mifune should be able to close the gap left by Free's screwup. And, the others should be able to take care of the rest.

Cole: which means our job is to make sure the attention's drawn at the heart of the castle. We have to do whatever it takes to make it easier for the others to take down the remaining locks.

Kid: plus, I bet anything that bloodsucker's heading there, too. Now let's go!

*ANN*

Meanwhile near the heart of the castle, Ann arrives to where Maka, Soul, and Medusa were. They were at two large double doors with a spiderweb pattern. They turn to see her.

Maka: Ann!

Ann: hey guys. You alright?

Maka: yeah. But we got hit with some kind of spell. What was that?

Medusa: that was the kind of magic Arachne uses. She prefers to torture the mind. That's how she gets her loyalists. And that's exactly why we need your soul-perception abilities, here. Are you all ready?

They nod in agreement, and after Soul transforms into his weapon form, they open the doors, and are greeted by the dark madness of Arachne's soul. They walk into the dark room, where they see the room filled with webbing.

Soul: what the hell is this?

Maka: (touches one of the webs) some kind of crazy spider web.

Ann: it's like a scene from a horror movie.

Medusa: do either of you sense Arachne's soul wavelength anywhere?

Maka: we're going in the right direction.

Medusa: (raises a hand) then stand back—I'll use vector arrow to clear the way ahead.

Her arrow clears the webbing and reveals the room. At the back of the room, was Lady Arachne herself. However, something wasn't right.

Ann: Maka, do you see what I see?

Maka: yeah.

Soul: what? What is it?

Ann: (approaches Arachne) we can see Medusa's soul, and everyone else. But Arachne's isn't visible.

She was right in front of the witch, but sees something very wrong. Ann touches Arachne's shoulder, and moves her to see she didn't have a face, and her body was lifeless.

Ann: what the?! Where's her face?!

*COLE and KID*

Back with the boys, they made it to the security room where they detected Mosquito's soul. However, they stop behind a corner to see Mosquito standing off against the man from earlier.

Patty: are they...?

Liz: fighting amongst themselves?

Cole: looks like it. One's Mosquito, but I don't know the other guy.