Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?

The scene takes places almost a week after the last chapter. The city was still going through repairs, but luckily wasn't badly damaged so it shouldn't take too long. However, the same couldn't be said for the students. Lord Death had ordered them to take it easy until their injuries were recovered. Most of the students only had minor wounds, so it wouldn't take too long.

Well, all except for one...

Cole was currently in a hospital since the attack. The injuries from blood loss nearly killed him, and the transformation he endured took a tremendous amount of stress on his body. The wounds were bad enough that Angela had to take him to a proper hospital to get treatment.

At her apartment, Tsubaki was resting near a window as she thought back to that night.

*FLASHBACK*

Cole: (getting stabbed)

Tsubaki: COLE!!!!!

The transformation happening.

Thanatos: (roars)

Cole: (weakly) what... am... I...?

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Tsubaki: Cole...

Blackstar: hey, Tsubaki! The others and I are gonna go play some basketball. You should tag along.

Tsubaki: (sadden) thanks, Blackstar, but I'll stay here.

Blackstar: (a bit worried) still thinking about Cole, huh? You shouldn't have to. He's tough, so he'll easily pull through this.

Tsubaki: I know, it's just... He almost died that night...

Blackstar: what about you? Are you sure you're alright?

Tsubaki: I'm okay. (Gives him a smile) don't let my problems worry you, Blackstar. Go and have fun with the others. I'll be fine.

Despite her smile, Blackstar could tell is wasn't her usual caring one, but a fake one to cover her worries. Reluctantly, he leaves, but his thoughts were of anger.

Blackstar's Thoughts: how dare that Kishin use Tsubaki to try and kill Cole! I don't care how tough he thinks he is! I'll make him pay for trying to kill Tsubaki's boyfriend!

*DWMA*

At the school, Genji was finishing up some work before going to see Lord Death along with the other Death Scythes. From what he heard, only three managed to arrive, making it half their members. Just as he finished one last paper, he stops when he sensed another presence nearby. He slowly sets the paper and pen down, and swiftly turns around and dodges a punch sent towards him.

Grabbing the attacker, he tosses him over to the other side of the room, where he gracefully lands on his feet. The two then trade blows with one another, each doing kicks, punches, and various other attacks. It ends went Genji is pinned down, and we see his attacker was a man with facial hair, a bun on the back of his hair, and in a black and blue suit.

 It ends went Genji is pinned down, and we see his attacker was a man with facial hair, a bun on the back of his hair, and in a black and blue suit