Chapter 14: THE SWORD GOD RISES - JASON GAINS POWER?

The scene was showing Cole sparring with both his father and uncle. Now that he's fully discharged from the hospital, Cole immediately went back into training to master his newfound powers. So far, he's been able to move faster, his blades were stronger, and he could trigger a second form from his normal self. They soon stop to catch their breath.

Hanzo: not bad. You've kept up with all your training.

Cole: it's important that I do. How far do you think I am with my powers? It's gotta be something if I can have flaming horns and wings.

Hanzo: don't get too far ahead of yourself. You've barely scratched the surface. Remember what we taught you, Cole; do not rely heavily on one form of power. Change up your tactics, be on guard, and never indulge into your abilities for personal gain. Now, regarding your transformations, they work like a Soul Resonance—powerful moves that require a lot of energy.

Genji: you're able to tap into your basic Nephilim form easily, but it seems to go into Thanatos again, that will require Tsubaki's enchanted sword mode. That being said, only use these forms when absolutely necessary.

Cole: (bows) hai!

Genji: I think that's enough training for now.

Agreeing with that, they left the room, and Cole headed to the infirmary to check on Maka. The others were already there. Entering the room, he's greeted by Blackstar writing on Maka's face and Kid moving some stuff on the shelf. A bit aways was Naigus, as she was the new school nurse to help with Angela treat students.

Ann: hey Cole, how'd training go?

Cole: good. I managed to tap into one of my Nephilim forms to use in battle. (To Maka) how are you feeling, Maka?

Maka: aside from the fact I can't move, and Blackstar writing on my face, alright.

Naigus: don't worry. The effects should be wearing off in a couple of days.

Kid: (smiling at the shelf) finished! I've arranged all the medicine bottles to be perfectly symmetrical. You can rest easy now that your don't have to worry about those.

Everyone: (sweat drops) only you would worry about those.

A knock at the door was heard, and it opens up to show Sid.

Sid: you've got a lively bunch of visitors, Maka.

Naigus: what brings you here, Sid?

Sid: Naigus, can I speak with you in the hallway?

Naigus: of course.

They leave, and the others were curious at what that was about. A short while later, Blackstar and Tsubaki were leaving after hearing Sid and Naigus' conversation. However, they were stopped by a voice.

Cole: where do you two think you're going?

Blackstar: Sid said something about Arachnophobia that they're going to check out. They're the ones who hurt Maka, and I want payback!

Cole: (to Tsubaki) and I assume you agree to this because you're his partner?

Tsubaki: yes, and to make sure Blackstar's alright.

Cole: well, guess we better get a move on.

Blackstar: wait what? You're coming? Why?

Cole: because if this is Arachnophobia, then you're gonna need some help. I know you enough to know when you set your mind to something, it's impossible to convince you otherwise to back down.