Chapter 24: ADVANCED SKILLS - A PLAN TO RESCUE THE BOYS?

The scene begins in a sparing area where most of the Meister were training. A couple months has passed since the events of the Invasion of Baba Yaga Castle, and things have changed since. Maka and Soul recently collected their final soul, and Soul has officially become a Death Scythe. Kim's adjusted back here and she and Ox were a bit closer (nothing official). Professor Stein and Marie returned when they discovered that Justin was the traitor and the one who killed B.J.

Currently, Patty was sparring with Kim, and ended with Patty throwing her to the ground.

Ann: nice throw, Patty.

Kim: (gets up in pain) owwiee... I'm way out of my league.

Patty: (giggles)

Ox: (with busted glasses and a bloody nose) she's actually really strong. We just never realized because she's always in Kid's shadow. Even the Lightning King is no match for her.

Harvar: she's easily on Maka's level in terms of sheer athletic ability.

Ann: no. From these fights alone, I'd say she's closer to my level.

Ox: 'course, Kim beats everyone here when it coms to cuteness.

Harvar: ...uhh...sure.

Liz: (cheerful and proud) whoa, look at that! That's my little sister for you!! Whaddaya think? She's pretty awesome, huh?

Tsubaki: (smiles) oh, Liz, you're so cute being all proud about Patty. But I guess I'd be saying the same thing too if Blackstar were up there.

Blackstar (cracks his knuckles) alright, Patty. How 'bout you an me fight next? I'm willing' to lower myself to your level just this once. I think it's time you learned a lesson in how tough fights can be in the real world.

Despite his injuries, Blackstar was always ready for the next fight. And, Patty was pumped up for it. Nigus called the match to start, but Blackstar wanted to spice up the fight first. Unfortunately for him, Patty didn't know the meaning of time out, and kicked him right in the balls. He goes down completely.

Ann: dumbass.

This was just one form of training for them. Over the next few weeks, the meisters were putting much effort into honing their skills with practicing their combat and weapons. Maka and Soul, for example, reached new levels with their Death Scythe training.

Stein and Marie also reconnected with the students and gave their reports on Justin. And, Azuza assisted with the Shimada brothers on location the boys.

*KID*

In an unknown location, Kid was chained up as Cole was on the ground unconscious. Groaning, Cole soon wakes up.

Kid: Cole, you alright?

Cole: Kid? Is that you? What's going on?

Jason: (walks over to them) oh good, you're awake.

Cole: that voice... (realizes something) wait. Why can't I use my soul sense?

Jason: this place is preventing you from using it, of course. The chances of you escaping are slim, but can't take any risks. So, let's get started then.

He then pulls out a crowbar, and starts beating Cole with it. Kid demands that he stops, but is ignored. Jason soon stops, and Cole groans in pain.

Jason: mixed with your blindness, you must think this is more painful.

Cole: (glares at his direction) I work with pain. (Beat) tell me, who's this Noah guy you and Moria are working with? And why ditch Arachne for him?