Chapter 15: THE RED HOT RUNAWAY - A MAGIC TOOL LEFT BEHIND BY THE GREAT WIZARD?

The scene shows the Dual Meisters with Kid and the Thompson Sisters out in the middle of the Sahara Desert. The two were asked to help in another crazy mission with Kid that involved a train, but weren't expecting to be out in the middle of the desert. All were wearing cloaks and masks to beat the sand storms.

Patty: (tired and sweating) hot!

Liz: (to Kid) what are we doing in this wasteland? It's hot and sandy and horrible!

Cole: (holding Ann's hand) at least all of you can see. I feel like I'm looking at a partially static screen.

Patty: I thought your soul helped you see.

Ann: sometimes when we're in places where the environment's a bit extreme like blizzards, tsunamis, or like now, deserts, it's a bit harder for Cole to see.

Cole: I'm can make out most of the landscape with my soul wavelength, but when it comes to using seismic sense, this is like navigating through a fog. And this heat isn't helping.

Patty: so hot!

Kid: quit complaining. We're here on Dad's orders. You guys have heard about the "Runaway Express," right?

Ann: you mean the crazy train that runs everywhere without any tracks?

Patty: (not listening) hot!

Liz: oh yeah, the one that's run continuously for over a hundred years now?

Kid: that's right.

Liz: a century's a long time to run without maintenance. How does it work?

Cole: apparently, it's powered by one of those Magic Tools.

Liz: what's that?

Kid: a device that could cause wide-spread destruction if used by the wrong people. It seems that Arachnophobia would like to get their hands on this one.

They stop, and Patty finally had enough as her eyes glow yellow, she breathes fire, and begins ranting.

Patty: SO HOT!! (Pulls mask off) IT'S SO FREAKN' HOT OUT HERE!!

Without even looking, Liz grabs her sister by the head as she calms down a bit but still has her angered expression.

Kid: that's why we're here. (Pulls mask up) we must reach the tool before they do.

Cole: okay, so where do we find a train with a mind of its own in the ass-end of nowhere? I can't see much and even I know there's nothing but sand for miles.

Kid: don't worry, Cole. We're close to where we need to find it.

They resume walking as they climbed a slope as Patty was still burning, Ann kept her grip on Cole, and Kid was leading the way.

Liz: Kid, I thought as a Grim Reaper you were immune to sunburns. What's the point of wearing that silly outfit in this heat?

Kid: it sets the mood. Besides, it keeps the lines in my hair partially hidden. No matter how many times I dye it, those damn lines keep coming back. Quite annoying.

Liz: (chuckles)

Patty: (miserable) so hot.

Ann: didn't you pack a water bottle or something?

Patty: (sadden) no...

Kid: here we are.

Looking down, they see a train station at the bottom with what could be a water tank.