Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?

Picking up where we left off, the scene shows Eibon appearing and the others confused with this.

Kid: (still in shock) so this... is Eibon...

Maka: you know who that is, Kid?

Kid: (remembers he hasn't told them about the discovery from the train) er... no, not really.

Cole: not to rush anyone, but we have less then ten minutes before we have to skedaddle.

Blackstar: he's right. We ain't got time to be shootin' the breeze.

After Eibon walked away, Blackstar runs in to get the box.

Blackstar: now gimme that thing, old man!! (Starts slashing Mosquito's arms) I dunno what the hell it's for, but like every other demon tool, it belongs to the great Blackstar! That's right!! That thing is mine!!

Kid: wait, Blackstar! What about Eibon?

Blackstar: (still slashing) whaddaya mean, Kid?! Ya stupid!!? We only got ten minutes left!! That's only ten minutes to show how awesome I am!!

Ann: for once, Blackstar's right. There's not enough time to follow that illusion and get Brew.

Soul: getting that demon tool takes priority in this case. Let's go!

Maka: yeah!!

They go off, but Kid still remains in place and looks over as Eibon was leaving. Cole then gets his attention by placing a hand on his shoulder.

Cole: I know you want answers, but you can't get them here. Wait for another time and focus on the battle now.

Kid: (reluctantly) all right, fine! (Points guns at Mosquito) but I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, talking to me like that! (Begins firing) look at how unbalanced you are, you old geezer!! You disgust me!!

All go in and deliver a bunch of attacks, and at first, it looks like they could win. However, as the dust clears, there wasn't a single scratch on him.

Mosquito: fu fu fu. I realize you're just kids, but is this really all the five of you have for me? I told you this is what I looked like one hundred years ago. But why I didn't mention... IS THAT THIS IS WHEN I WAS TOUGHEST!!

Soul: that's not good.

Maka: what should we do? We won't be able to beat him unless we use Resonance Link.

Resonance Link was a new technique they learned after Stein helped them form teams. During this, two or three people can synchronize their wavelength and perform more then one resonance at once.

Soul: except you and Ann are the only once who can sense the others' wavelengths with your soul perception. (Thoughts) and because of Maka, I can sense them, too.

From behind Soul, the same red demon from before was looking down on him as he was at the entrance of a door.

Demon: and you know how to get everyone else to feel them, too! Don't you? Evans?

Soul: stop calling me by my last name. (Mutters) little shit.

Demon: well, then!! Come to the black room! Everything's ready for your concert!

Soul doesn't listen, and focuses on the fight going on. For most of the fight, the team were the ones dealing most of the damage, but it wasn't effective. Ann and Cole's attacks were stronger, but they weren't enough to put the guy down long enough to get Brew. When the time limit was getting close to five minutes remaining, the one stars were knocked down to the ground, and the two stars were still standing, but running out of energy.