Chapter 10: ASURA'S RETURN - THERE'S A POWER IN THY SOUL?

The scene shows Ann having to deal with both Ragnarok and a crazed Maka. Maka's plan was to connect with Crona's soul in an attempt to understand what's going on with them. Unfortunately, it required to go into the madness, and that was a dangerous move on its own.

Ann: Jesus, this is harder than I thought.

Soul: come on Maka! Ann can't hold on much longer!

Maka: (doesn't pay attention as she just grins and laughs)

Ann: man, I haven't seen you behave like this since the first time you had chocolate.

For the next few minutes, Ann had to fight both of them, and to make sure Maka didn't kill herself in her crazed mindset. In this madness, Maka had somehow managed to tap into her madness, and use the black blood enough to keep herself from feeling pain. This was both useful and dangerous to perform. Just because she couldn't feel pain, didn't mean she couldn't die.

After a bit, the fighting stops, and Crona begins screaming as spikes were moving out of them. This gave the indication that whatever Maka did, caused a soul rejection in them.

Ann: whoa!

Maka: Soul!

Soul: Maka!

Maka: pull me out of the madness! And you better do it quickly!

Soul: hang on!

In his subconscious, Soul jumps down into a floor of water, and rapidly looks for Maka. Once he found her, he pulls her out with all his strength, and she regains control over her sanity.

Ann: Maka, are you okay?

Maka: I'm fine. How's Crona?

Soul: (panting) we made it.

They look to see the blood rejection still happening. Maka then sets Soul aside and Ann was confused.

Soul: hey, what're you doing?

Maka: I need you to wait here for a minute, Soul. You too, Ann.

Soul: you'll be skewered if you get to them!

Ann: he's right! Maka-

Maka: Ann, please. I need you to trust me.

Ann: you know I do.

Maka: then trust me when I say it'll be okay.

The younger sister then turns back the the person, and despite getting cut in the side of the neck, Maka doesn't flinch in pain. She starts casually walking to them, telling them that it's alright. She stop after a few more spikes came out and grazed her sides. But, even after that, Maka doesn't cry out, but collapses right on Crona and gives them a hug.

Maka: now I understand it...your soul wavelength. It's not that you don't know how to deal with people... It's that no one ever took the time to deal with you.

Crona: it's alright now. I've already been given up on plenty of times, anyway. I understand...I'm not needed for anything anymore. That's why I decided just now, that it would be best, for me to disappear.

Maka breaks the hug, and pulls back enough to pull her book out. She then gives a light chop on their head, and Crona looks up confused.

Maka: (removes glove) what do you say? (Holds out hand) will you let me be your friend, Crona? Please say you will.

They're truly shocked by this, as no one ever offered to be their friend. Maka still has her smile, and tears begin forming in Crona's eyes.

Crona: really? (Begins crying) but I still don't know how to deal with other people!