Chapter 22: CAPTURE OF BABA YAGA CASTLE - TEAMING UP WITH THE WOLF MAN?

The scene shows Medusa leading Ann, Cole, and others from the E.A.T. class going through a jungle to Arachnophobia's HQ. Earlier, they received to instructions from Sid that they would be a small strike team that would infiltrate the base and attack Arachne directly. The catch, however, was that Medusa was commanding the entire operation. A choice none of them were happy about. But, that didn't mean they would let her lead them to death. Kid and the Dual Meister would be there to keep an eye on her, and Azusa and Hanzo would be positioned out from the base and execute her should she do anything sinister.

They soon arrive to an area that appeared to be corrupted.

Maka: what is this?

Cole: nothing good. I sense massive amounts of dark magic from here.

Kid: maybe it's a trap set by Arachne. Just don't do anything stupid.

Patty: (salutes) sir! Yes, sir!

Fire and Thunder, Kill's partners, started crying.

Maka: (goes over to comfort them) what's the matter, Fire, Thunder?

Kilik: its 'cos nature itself is crying.

Medusa: this was caused by Arachnophobia's demon tool development activities. The whole river is polluted with magic.

Kilik: Fire and Thunder are Earth Shamans. They're probably hearing nature's cries of anguish directly.

Ann: that's gotta be messed up. Especially for kids.

Medusa: if we could hear those cries ourselves, I'm sure it would sound just like children crying out to their parent. I don't think there would be any other way to describe it.

Soul: (bitter) oh, that's touching. This coming from the one who screwed the whole world over. Where do you get off playing all high-and-mighty, huh?

Medusa: ...

They were about to leave, but felt a presence in the water. Using soul perception, they saw that it was something bad, and soon popped out a monster.

 Using soul perception, they saw that it was something bad, and soon popped out a monster