𝟓.𝟐𝟒

─── 「I'LL FIND YOU」 ───

     I never thought my relationship with Octavia would end so abruptly; In all honesty, I never thought it'd end

     I never thought my relationship with Octavia would end so abruptly; In all honesty, I never thought it'd end. But I'd be lying if I said I hadn't seen it coming the past couple of years: things were hard down in the bunker and I knew we just wanted to protect each other but still... I felt my heart break into more pieces than I could count. I wondered if one of these days I'd end up with an unfixable heartbreak. I thought I had healed from my past wounds but it was a lie, just like all the ones I told myself.

I went back to my room, knowing Jackson would still be there, not really knowing how I looked, hoping Lila would be in bed but I knew all too well she'd be up waiting for me; I was tired but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, there were too many things in my mind.

- "Nomi!" -Lila jumped from the bed as soon as I opened the door- "Chit don kom au?" [What happened?]

She ran up to me as I tried to tell her to go back to bed, taking my hand and pulling me to the bathroom, Jackson giving me a questioning look so I simply shrugged my shoulders but he knew.

- "Octavia."

- "She's not looking too good either."

- "You fought with O?" -Lila looked at me with worried eyes; she loved Octavia like she was her sister... she called her sister- "Why?"

- "Cause she's trying to do something I don't like, even if she thinks it's for the best of all of us."

- "But you'll make up." -Lila nodded convinced- "You always do."

I smiled and kissed her forehead, telling her to get back in bed, hearing the door opening again, knowing it'd be Roan and Bellamy, hearing them talk with Lila as Jackson stood back with me. He moved my hair from my face and took my face in his hands, shaking his head; I knew he hated when I got into fights but I truly believed it was better me fighting than them. I adored Jackson, he was family and not only because he had saved my ass so many times but because he truly wanted the best for me, he liked me as I was and told me things as he thought them. He knew by the way I hugged my side that I was hurt so he made me take off my shirt and I could see how his breath caught up in his chest as he saw me.

- "That bad, huh?"

- "Octavia knows you're hurt." -he looked up at me- "What happened to her?"

- "What happened to us?" -I smiled, but I was sad- "I don't know."

I knew he understood all I felt by the look in his eyes, asking me to go back to the bedroom with him to lay down so he could check me and patch me up. I had a couple of minor cuts but he insisted, like he always did, which put a smile on my lips as he always managed to do. As soon as we got back in, Lila rose to a sitting position on the bed, eyes glued to my wounds and I swear I only felt that exposed when she saw me like that; she jumped from the bed as much as Roan tried to keep her there, but she was like me: once she got an idea in mind, you couldn't stop her. She kneeled on the bed beside me, combing my hair as I smiled, taking her hand in mine as Jackson moved his hands over my torso to make sure nothing else was broken, saying I could get another scan in the morning to check my ribs. Once he started to sew my cuts and clean them, Lila helped him; she was kind of his pupil and she called him 'amin' just like how I had called Sheda so many years ago. It made me smile.

𝘚𝘤𝘢́𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘤𝘩 · 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 ⁵On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara