𝟓.𝟑𝟐

──── 「FLEETING CEASEFIRE」 ────

     I had checked on Monty and Harper, updated them on everything that had happened after I had run to check on Bellamy

     I had checked on Monty and Harper, updated them on everything that had happened after I had run to check on Bellamy. I had left him in Jackson's hands, who promised me to do all he could to save him. After that, I had walked around until I ran into Emori and Murphy again, the three of us then finding Monty and Harper.

We had stayed together for a couple of hours, but there reached a point I couldn't stay still anymore. So I excused myself. I found myself back in medical. I had originally been looking for Samantha, but my feet drag me to the tent in which I knew Roan and Bellamy lay.

I moved the flap and stood there for a second. I had hoped Samantha would be there as well, but I only found Thea and Jackson with the two injured men. She rose her head and looked toward me. I knew she was expecting someone else. Maybe Samantha.

- "Hello, Echo."

- "How are they?"

- "Bellamy just got out of surgery."

Thea's eyes followed me as I moved to stand next to him. I felt my heart clench inside my chest with anticipation, seeing he had his chest exposed and a bandage around his left arm and shoulder that tied around his abdomen. He looked like he was deep sleep and I thanked the gods because if he had been looking sick or worse, I don't know how I'd have handled it. My mind immediately drifted to Samantha, what she must have felt. I hoped he'd wake up soon because I was not looking forward to telling our family how he was. I wanted him to tell them he was okay.

- "Jackson's positive he'll regain full mobility of his arm with rest and specific exercises."

- "And time." -Jackson pointed out as he walked toward us. He placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed gently- "He's strong."

- "Does Samantha know?" -I eyed them.

- "No." -I caught the look Thea exchanged with Jackson before she sighed, leaning back against the table behind her and crossing her arms over her chest- "I had hoped you were her."

- "Where is she?" -I glanced at Roan- "Don't tell me..."

- "No, no." -Jackson shook his head as he moved toward Roan- "I've put him into a coma."

- "Will he recover?"

- "Only time will tell."

I furrowed my eyebrows. I knew there was something else going on. I glanced around. I wasn't a medical expert but I hoped I'd see something that'd tell me what they were hiding. Roan had his abdomen exposed as well, a bandage around the lower part where he landed the bullet. There were cables attached to his arms and upper chest, a dropped connected to an IV on his left arm and what I could only assume was oxygen to his nose. It wasn't a picture anyone would want to see. My mind drifted to Samantha again. I didn't know where her breaking point was, but the fact that she was holding everything together after all this...