𝟓.𝟐𝟏

───── 「THE DARK YEAR」 ─────

     I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it coming: Bellamy and Roan, teaming up to keep me alive

     I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it coming: Bellamy and Roan, teaming up to keep me alive. Sure, thinking in retrospect it made sense but that didn't mean I couldn't feel how I felt: angry, irritated, lied to, played... betrayed. I knew they thought they were doing the best for me but that didn't mean it was the best for all of us. We had managed to get to the exit of the bunker in one piece, which I couldn't say for the people that had decided that coming at me and my kid was a smart idea, but that had been dealt with now, finding Thea there.

- "Heda, what happened."

- "I'm Heda no more." -I pointed at Roan and Bellamy- "They took it out."

- "So it's true." -she glanced at me and I knew exactly what she was going to say- "The kid's Ascended. You aren't safe here."

- "I don't care about my safety." -I looked at Bellamy, motioning him to let go of Lila- "I care about hers."

- "What's your plan."

- "The Rover. I stick to the plan but Lila must come with me; I have to ask you..."

- "I'll go with you, Sam, to the end of the line."

I couldn't help the smile on my lips, nodding thankfully at her as Lila got to us; Roan and Bellamy were now engrossed in conversation which did strike me as weird for it wasn't as if they were the best of friends. But we had to go and Bellamy had to come with me or his sister would throw him in the pits and that wasn't something I wanted to see. Was I angry at him? Yes. Did I want him to die? No.

- "Bellamy, let's go."

- "Go where?"

- "Away from the pits." -he turned to face me and walked to us with Roan- "We have to go. Now."

- "But Monty and Harper..."

- "They'll be safe, I promise." -I eyed Roan- "Tell him."

- "Your friends will be safe."

- "Really reassuring." -I sighed, trying not to roll my eyes- "Let's go."

- "I thought you were going to fight for this place."

- "My kid is my priority; you saw them, they'll hurt her and I won't have that, and I can't fight if she's here. We have to go." 

- "Okay, I'll drive."

- "Just like in the good old times."

I couldn't help the smile on my face, looking at Roan who simply nodded at me, gently, a quiet goodbye like I knew he would; but we'd see each other again, this was just a 'see you later' not a 'goodbye'. I took Lila's hand in mine and started walking away towards where we knew the Rover was, Thea and Bellamy right behind us. Everything was going to be alright; we'd get there, I'd do my part and we'd get the valley. Nothing could go wrong.