𝟓.𝟑

───── 「WHAT WE KNOW」 ─────

     Six years and seven days

     Six years and seven days. We should have been down there by now, trying to rebuild our lives but, instead, we were stuck up here in space, able to see the place we could call our home but unable to reach it. I sighed as I turned my view from Earth towards Raven and Echo fighting. After six years, we had all managed to become a family, warming up to each other. Monty walked by, announcing the next meal was ready. I hated the soup, but it's what we had to take to survive. We sat down and, for a moment, I let my thoughts wander, but never too much for I knew where they'd go. I took a sip of the bowl in front of me, immediately regretting it as I felt my throat itching and I started coughing.

- "Okay. I'll try tomorrow, again, to boost the signal from the antenna."

- "Shotgun!" –Emori shouted before anyone else could, that was our way to call it if we wanted to go out with Raven- "Spacewalk. Yes!"

- "I know the feeling..." –Raven looked at her- "But I need an assistant who actually listens when I tell her to come in."

- "I will do everything you say, I promise. No fun of any kind."

- "Or... we could just figure out a way to get to the ground and tell them about Eden ourselves..."

- Bellamy!" –Emori reproached me- "She worked on the fuel problem all morning."

- "Six years and seven days."

- "Hey, time violation!" –Harper reminded me, hitting me on the upper arm- "Dishes, latrine or Murphy. You choose."

- "I'm sorry." –I looked at Raven, I knew this was a touchy subject and yet, there I was, sobbing it to her face like a child- "We said we wouldn't talk about it and I know that you're doing everything that you can."

It was uncomfortable, Raven was looking down, clearly hurt by my remark and everyone else there was on her side. I was too, I just hated being up there knowing there was a perfectly safe and green place for us to live down there. A place where my sister should be. I handed a bowl to Monty.

- "Seconds?"

- "Yeah, right." –I answered him laughing- "I choose Murphy."

I took the now full bowl and sighed, making my way to Murphy's side of the ship. He had decided it was better this way and we barely saw him at all. I knew he was mad, I knew he felt useless and I knew he missed having someone on his side for not even Emori talked to him lately.

- "My side of the ship!" –he yelled, jumping on my back and making me drop the soup- "What's the matter?" –he questioned, gripping onto my neck as I tried to get rid of him- "You wanted me to train, right? Let's do it!"