𝟓.𝟐𝟔

─── 「DINNER PLANS」 ───

     I woke up the next morning before Octavia did, changing into my clothes from the day before, leaving her a note to meet me at the commands room, looking back at her sleeping figure one last time before I closed her door, a smile on my lips

     I woke up the next morning before Octavia did, changing into my clothes from the day before, leaving her a note to meet me at the commands room, looking back at her sleeping figure one last time before I closed her door, a smile on my lips. Maybe not everything was fixed and we all would need years to heal from all we had done but not being at odds with my sister was my top priority. We needed each other. We always would.

I made my way back to my room, finding people packing their things on my way down the levels. Some came out to ask me how I felt, taking my hands in theirs and blessing me with old sayings; some eyed me unsure of where things would go; some looked behind me, certainly looking for my sister. I knew some hoped Madi would come back to lead them, but I hoped, if Clarke did anything right, it would be to take the Flame from her before something went wrong.

Once I got to my room, I could hear Lila laughing as I silently opened the door, seeing she was packing her backpack next to Roan, two bigger ones set on our bed. I smiled, leaning against the door's frame, simply watching as they spoke and moved with their backs to me. That right in front of me was the reason I'd fight till my last breath.

- "No!" -Lila ran after Roan, who was putting something in one of the backpacks- "I'll wear it!"

- "You sure?"

- "Yes!" -Lila grabbed the piece of clothing from his hands- "You got it for me and we are going to war."

- "Hey."

I turned around as Bellamy's voice got to my ears, smiling as he stood beside me. His long curls falling around his face, almost getting to his eyes that drifted from mine to the room, his lips curling up too before I felt arms around me.

- "Nomi, look!"

I looked down to see Lila holding a carefully folded white cloth that I hadn't seen in a while, Lila moving her hands up so I'd pick it up. I had worn that cape the day the bunker closed and on a couple more occasions I could count with the fingers of one hand.

- "Lila thought you could wear it today."

- "Wearing white to the desert doesn't seem like a..." -my eyes drifted from Roan to Lila, who had the biggest smile on her face, so I chuckled, nodding to her- "I'll shower and put it on, okay?"

Lila nodded, running back inside the room to pack her stuff, saying she was making sure not to leave anything behind, grabbing my cape and putting it on the bed. I tilted my head as I followed her around. I knew how we'd approach the long journey; I had to talk to Octavia.

- "Where did you sleep last night?" -Roan walked up to me, his eyes drifting to Bellamy for just a second.

- "My sister's." -I walked into the room, taking off my jacket.