𝟓.𝟐𝟑

── 「CORRUPT; DESTRUCTION」 ──

     I had been at the edge of my seat throughout the fight, fearing Bellamy would die, breathing relieved as Monty made his entrance, not seeing anything else but Bellamy as I walked down; he was safe and that was all I wanted at that moment

     I had been at the edge of my seat throughout the fight, fearing Bellamy would die, breathing relieved as Monty made his entrance, not seeing anything else but Bellamy as I walked down; he was safe and that was all I wanted at that moment. Once that was done and before anyone there could say another word, I walked out of the pit; I wasn't expecting everyone in there to follow me and I definitively didn't want the kids and the elderly coming so, whoever truly chose to come, would be welcome. I had no intention of bearing ill will against anyone who stood back and I hoped they knew. I heard footsteps running after me and I didn't have to turn around or hear them know who it was: Bellamy; and I knew just what he was about to say.

- "What was that?"

- "Please, don't. I don't wanna fight now that I'm a bit more at ease knowing you're safe."

- "Sam, you just invited them to murder you."

- "You don't say."

- "That's not going to happen." -he grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards him- "There will be resistance and retaliation if anyone touches you."

- "If anyone touches me aside from you, you mean."

- "Don't try to change the subject, it's not going to work."

- "Fine." -I got rid of him- "We can talk about that once we got the valley."

- "But..."

- "Drop it, please," -I faced him again, I could see the anger mixed with pain in his eyes- "you don't think they'd follow me without the prospect of being able to kill me, right? Especially not those who believe in the supreme power of the Flame and those who swore loyalty to Blodreina."

- "I can't bear the thought of losing you, Sam, knowing this time could be the one you won't come back to me terrifies me."

- "Yeah." -I couldn't help but smile as he moved his hand to cup my face, rubbing my cheek- "I've died more times than people get to live and I'm grateful for that." -I took his hand in mine and squeezed- "Come on, I'm sure Lila is waiting for you."

- "You know?"

- "That she'd come to ask you to win?" -I eyed him- "She's my daughter, Blake."

Bellamy smiled; it was so easy for me to tell he wished he had stayed to help me with her... to be her father. I kept walking by his side, feeling at peace for a moment again, starting to think that we had this under control again. Once we got to my room, Lila threw the door open before I could even attempt to open it myself, looking at me but her eyes quickly settling on Bellamy, a sigh of relief as she jumped on him.

- "Oh, okay." -Bellamy chuckled and picked her up- "Hi."

- "Lila, you do realize you aren't a 6-year-old for people to carry you places, right?" -I chuckled as she faced me.