𝟓.𝟏𝟖

───── 「MY CHILD」 ─────

     It was done and there was no way back or around it

     It was done and there was no way back or around it. After I recited the names of the past Commanders, it was back to business. And the first thing I did was make sure those worms would get nowhere.

- "What are you going to do?" -Miller walked out of the pit with me.

- "End my sister's delusion." -I eyed him and he nodded- "Go to the Rover with Thea, take the eggs out and burn them." -I faced Thea- "Make sure there's nothing left; you have my approval to use all you need to get rid of them."

- "Sha, Heda."

I watched them go, Thea quickly taking the lead and instructing a couple of other men to follow her, going to grab the supplies before they followed through with the plan. I had to take care of the wound in my neck, so I turned around to get down to my room, almost running into Jackson.

- "Hey, how are you feeling."

- "So far, so good." -I squeezed his arm but he rose his eyebrow, questioning me further- "I swear. It's just the beginning so they won't bother me much, we'll see in a month."

- "I hope this won't last that long."

- "Knowing us, I wouldn't put my hand on the fire."

- "Let me check the wound." -he left his medkit on the floor, moving my hair to the side- "It's definitively messed your tattoo."

- "I'll ask Thea to retouch it, it's fine." -I turned around to look at him- "I know you have patients waiting, I won't hold you back for longer; I got a small kit in my room, I'll take care of this."

- "Are you sure?"

- "Yeah, if I have any trouble, I'll go look for you." -I smiled before starting to walk away- "It's going to be okay."

- "Sam!" -I heard him coming after me- "I mean, Heda."

- "You don't have to call me Heda." -I moved my face to the side to look at him as we walked down the hallways together.

- "I'll call you Heda in public, you know they got mad when I didn't."

- "Yeah." -I couldn't help but laugh as I remembered the looks of a couple of the elderly when Jackson ran up to me once, calling me Sam as he did before realizing they were there, immediately switching to the Trig title- "Let's not do that again."

At the very beginning, when Clarke's mom was still sane, some Grounders questioned why we had given a spot to a second doctor, to a trainee nonetheless but, after he saved my life, he had won them all over. He was addressed by everyone why a level of respect I never thought I'd see one of us get but it pleased me to see this was how things were going to be; Jackson was under my direct protection, just like everyone else, but Wonkru was aware I wouldn't take lightly anyone doing him wrong so no one even rose their voice to him. Jackson had saved my life and I'd do anything to make sure his was never threatened.