𝟓.𝟏𝟏

───「TEMPERANCE;
RESTLESS HEART」───

     I woke up the next morning in Roan's arms, which I couldn't say bothered me in the slightest, snuggling under the covers for a bit longer, enjoying the simplicity of the moment

     I woke up the next morning in Roan's arms, which I couldn't say bothered me in the slightest, snuggling under the covers for a bit longer, enjoying the simplicity of the moment. I had to admit, I felt better. Maybe I wasn't completely happy, but I had to start somewhere and allowing myself to feel free in that moment, to feel love and be loved was the best start I could ever wish for myself.

- "Did I overtire you last night?" -Roan wrapped his arms around me tighter, pulling me to rest over his chest as I couldn't help the smile on my lips- "You never stay in bed once you open your eyes."

- "Can a woman catch a break?" -I chuckled, moving his hair from his face and pecking his lips- "But yeah, I should get moving, Jackson wants to see me first thing in the morning so I'm probably already late."

- "Want me to go with you?"

- "No, go check on Lila and then meet me at the entrance of the bunker." -I sat back up on the bed, stretching my arms, quickly regretting it as a sharp pain stung my side- "I'll do a quick warm shower."

I rose from the bed, walking up to the bathroom, feeling Roan's eyes on me so, as I made it to the door I turned around; he rose a playful eyebrow at me as I shook my head, moving inside and opening the warm water. Needless to say, I didn't end up alone in that shower, but how could I ever mind?

I ended up leaving the room way before Roan was ready, walking up to Jackson's office, finding Indra there; she looked tired, seeing the cuts on her arms made a feeling of regret surface in my chest but she was quick to ease my thoughts, saying I had been too weak to even stand, which was true but I still hated when people got hurt in my name. I hated being defenseless. I hated being weak more than anything.

- "How are you?"

- "I'm fine." -it wasn't a lie for once, I actually felt okay, a bit more like myself since the damn bunker opened- "I'm joining O today outside; Kara has been telling her the people need to see a united front."

- "I see." -she nodded as she put on her jacket- "We don't need a war, Samantha. Our people are scared, hungry and weak."

- "I know. And I'll do the best I can to get us to that valley; all of us, I promise."

She nodded once again, leaving the room as I went over all I knew, not having much time to my thoughts as Jackson called me in.

- "Didn't I tell you not to do anything extreme?" -he gave me a knowing look as he prompted me to sit on the table but he wasn't angry, the smile on his face told me he already knew this was coming; I think we all knew- "Or was I not clear enough."

- "I know, I'm sorry, I honestly didn't think of it." -I rose my left hand in defeat- "Won't do it again any time soon. I hope."

- "It was beautiful." -he confessed, sitting in front of me- "I'm glad you could say goodbye some way."