.08

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | "𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫."
- -

- It was hot on the jungle, the career pack plus Sage were chatting among themselves about there next move.

"I want to kill her" Brutus started with a smirk on his face.

"No, I'm going to kill her" cashmere stated.

"Sorry to interrupt your killing plans but what's next?" Sage said while rolling her eyes and locking at district one and two tributes.

"Well let's so separate ways, if we find more tributes we kill them." Gloss spoke while analysing the plan. "simple."

"Okay. I'm going to try and find finnick" sage said while standing up and giving each one a hug while saying her goodbyes. "Good luck."

It was still dark so it was difficult to see around the jungle, Brutus and Enobaria left the group trying to find more people to kill with cashmere and gloss following behind leaving sage alone in their camping spot.

She started to walk making her way to the beach. Since she was all the way to the end of the dome it would be harder to be at the beach in a couple of minutes.

- "We need our weapons." Katniss spoke while turning her head in different directions. "Get to the beach"

As the baboons start to attack, the trio defend themselves using their weapons, then Katniss was pushed under water by one baboon and as it's about to bite her Peeta kill it.

"We gotta get to the beach" an alarmed Peeta shouted while killing more baboons with his machete.

The trio was trying to make a run for it but Peeta stumbles and just as he's about to be attacked by a baboon the female Morphling emerged from the tree behind him and attacks it but got bitten in the process, while Peeta was watching he grabbed his machete and kill the baboon.

"Who is that?" A panicked Katniss asked.

"The Morphling. Help me get her." Peeta spoke while they drag her and make it to the beach, as they reach the beach the baboons stop attacking; to the Morphling as she takes her last breaths.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay. Shh. Shh. Shh. Hey do you wanna see something? Look up. Look. Look at that." Peeta spoke softly while looking at the sky turning a orange and pink colour."It's incredible, isn't it? All those colors. Don't worry about anything else. I'll be right here with you. It's okay. It's okay." He continued but fail as the morphling took her last breaths and dies on his arms, as simple as that the cannon goes off and Peeta left her footing on the calm ocean waiting for the hovercraft to take her lifeless body.

"She sacrificed herself for me and I don't even know her name." The baker boy said sadly.

"You think she sacrificed herself?" The girl on fire asked her "fiancée."

"Looked like it." He finished.

"That doesn't make any sense." The brown haired girl said while thinking.

The trio stayed on the beach for a while, in the meantime they sat and eat raw fish that Finnick had caught for them earlier while Peeta have found a seashell near the shore taking it and opening finding a pear inside grabbing it and hanging it towards Katniss. Finnick watching from aside remembering when he have Sage the pearl necklace.