15)No Doubt In His Abilities

Start from the beginning

Every word out of his mouth is smooth, laced with something dark and eerily tempting.

You can do this, Lex. It's just a movie.

With a deep breath, I walk over and sit next to him, still leaving some space between us. Jace smirks but turns his attention on the TV while flipping through Netflix.

"What are we watching?" I ask, fighting to keep my words from getting stuck in my throat.

"Whatever you want, sweetheart."

"That one." I point at the screen. "A Quiet Place."

"Horror." Jace nods. "Good pick."

He turns the movie on and quickly throws his arm around my shoulders. My whole body stiffens from the contact, my nerve endings going haywire.

The first twenty minutes tick by without incident, though in complete silence. Probably should've figured that out before picking the movie, but I do like horror and so far the movie's been interesting. I find my body slowly unwinding as I relax against Jace's side. He looks down at me but I keep my eyes on the TV until I feel his fingers tracing circles on my bare shoulder. I glance at his hand, getting an up close look at the ink stretching down to his fingers.

D-I-A-N

"Hmm," I murmur on accident.

"What'd you say?" Jace asks.

"Your tattoo. D-I-A-N, what's that mean?" I turn my head, my lips almost brushing his just from how close we are.

Even in the dark lighting, I can still see Jace's eyes flash with something I can't identify before he shows me his other hand and the fingers marked with another four letters.

G-U-A-R

"Guardian?" I ask, looking back up at him.

He nods. "Yeah. Guardian."

"What's it for?"

He shrugs, tearing his eyes away from mine. "Nothing. Just thought it'd look cool."

I'm calling bullshit but I don't wanna push, at least not when it comes to that tattoo. My eyes scan the rest of the ink on his arms, the urge to examine them all creeping its way into my head. I try to watch the movie but it's no use. With a gulp, I let my curiosity get the best of me.

"Can I see the others?"

Jace jerks his gaze to mine, shock written all over his face.

"Your other tattoos, can I see them?" I press.

His eyes narrow as he mentally decides what to say. Only he doesn't say anything, he grabs me and before I know it I'm being lifted onto his lap, facing him. I'm so stunned I don't even realize what Jace is doing until he lifts behind him and pulls his shirt over his head.

Tossing the material on the floor, he relaxes against the couch. "Look all you want."

It takes my brain a second to catch up with what's happened. I look down, my legs are spread wide, bent on each side of him, connecting us in an intimate position.

Oh my god, he has me straddling him.

I lick my lips and try to breathe, warmth traveling across my face. But with the TV behind me, I'm confident the darkness is hiding the red tint of my cheeks. The movie flickers behind me, casting a bluish glow, illuminating Jace's bare torso and my hands resting on his chest. Burning heat seeps from his skin and into my finger tips. It creeps down my hands, making me yank them back and safely place them on my thighs. But it's not the heat of his body filling every part of me that scary, it's the look in his eyes.

Kissing My Ex ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara