33)Firepower

My footfalls thump against the wooden stairs as I take two at a time, my heart pounding in my chest

My footfalls thump against the wooden stairs as I take two at a time, my heart pounding in my chest. When my feet meet the bottom, I skid around the rail and race after Kade as he throws the front door open. The dark entryway lights up from the metal and rubber bonfire parked out front.

Flames as tall as the house reach up to the sky through the exposed framing that use to hold the soft top cover. Everything is charred or fucking melted, the raging fire stripping away more of Marcel's Jeep. But we're not the only ones who notice the colossal mess. Neighbors peek out their windows or openly gawk at the scene from their front doors. The only good thing about this is that anyone who was once parked close to the vehicle is now long gone, saving their cars from being a casualty.

Kade turns around and faces me just as Travis and Marcel come stampeding down the stairs.

"My fucking Jeep!" Marcel yells, his eyes doubling in size. "What the fuck happened?"

Kade's face stays calm but the tense way he holds himself shows just how worried he is. "Where were you?"

Marcel points up. "In the master, sleeping."

Kade looks at Travis.

T mirrors Marcel and points towards the second floor, though the look on his face is less shocked and more pissed. "Guest room with two chicks who are now scared shitless and hiding in a closet."

"Where's Wild?" I ask, looking around and noticing the TV flickering in the living room.

Without waiting for an answer, I stride down the hall and find someone stretched out on the couch completely covered by a blanket.

Figures.

Wilder sleeps like the dead. A car blowing up outside is nothing to him.

I pull back the blanket and curse. Wrong blonde.

"Aye, get the fuck up!" I bark and kick the side of the couch.

Kellen doesn't even jump, his bloodshot eyes cracking open. Peering at me, he raises a questioning eyebrow before taking in the sight of the others walking into the room. I start to ask him again when he holds out a finger.

"What's going on?" Kell asks, removing earbuds from his ears and pausing his music with a tap on his phone.

"You didn't hear that?" Kade asks, pointing to the front of the house.

Kellen shakes his head. "No. I was fucking out."

"Where's Wilder?" I ask.

He points to the hall door behind Travis. "Sleeping in the bathroom last I checked."

Travis turns around and yanks the door open, chuckling as he peaks in. "Yup. Sleeping beauty is passed out in the tub."

The tub?