OH! That Lena...

Kara

"Next time I think about coming here, can someone please remind me of this?" My question landed on deaf ears as no one paid attention to me sat down in Star Labs, Caitlin having taken a little too much blood. They were all studying my DNA like it was their newest toy - which in a way I guess it was - but they all just left me here waiting like an idiot.

I was so focused on what everyone else was doing, I didn't spot Iris standing next to me, her voice startling me. "You weren't kidding when you said she was a genius." She glanced at me from the corner of her eye, quiet with the others walking around the lab.

"She's amazing." I smiled, my eyes finding Lena talking to Caitlin about something I would definitely pretend not to understand. "I wouldn't lie about that."

Biting back a smile, Iris turned to me a little. "Well we were definitely questioning it. Although, now I totally understand why you were against the idea of Earth X you with Oliver."

I cringed. "Yeah, I don't understand how that me loved him, but each to their own." At her laugh, I looked her in the eyes, face blank. "Just don't tell Felicity I said that, she might try to kill me before I get my powers back." The two of us burst into laughter, drawing some attention to us from the others.

"What are you two laughing about?" Barry shouted over, Cisco paused mid-air with a marker writing on the board beside him.

The question just made us laugh even more, Iris soon calming at her phone ringing, she didn't even look at the name, just answered. "Hey. How are you?" Without my hearing, I had to wait to find out if we would be privy to this call, Iris beating me to it as she spoke again. "Hold on, I'm going to put you on speaker."

She held the phone out and turned it on speaker. "You're on speaker and Kara is here with Lena."

"Who's Lena?" Felicity's voice rang out in the quiet lab, all of us intrigued by Felicity's call and also because it just got a little awkward. "OH! That Lena... Well I guess it's a good thing I was ringing you to say we were almost at the Lab because I need to see this for myself."

I thought it couldn't get more awkward... I was wrong. I couldn't meet Lena's eye, my cheeks turning red, the heat of her piercing gaze rivalling my heat vision. If she had powers, I'd be dead by now.

Iris cleared her throat, her eyes darting between Lena and myself. "Okay, well we'll see you when you get here... if some of us live long enough." No explanation, Iris cut the call off, hanging up on Felicity.

I could hear Lena moved through the lab to stand directly opposite me. "Exactly what have you told them about me?" Okay, I was in trouble, she was using her CEO voice.

"Nothing..." She raised an eyebrow. "...bad."

"Then why won't you look at me?" I heard her step closer, my cheeks growing hotter, her heels coming into view as I continued to look at the floor. We were in the middle of a stand off almost, when an alert chimed through the speakers.

"That's Oliver and Felicity. They were a lot closer than I thought." Barry disappeared in a flash of lightning to bring them to the lab and get away from the tense air starting to surround Lena and myself. We didn't even have time to process he was really gone before Felicity and Oliver were standing in the lab's entrance.

"I am never going to get used to that." Felicity held her arms out to steady herself, Oliver just glared at Barry smiling between them.

I couldn't look at anyone, how could I tell Lena that I had been gushing about her last time I was here to an embarrassing extent? It was humiliating her knowing I had been talking about her. I'm probably on the couch tonight.

Settled, Felicity practically ran over to hug Iris and Caitlin, stopping short of doing the same to me when she finally spotted Lena stood in front of me. Her pause didn't last long, her smile turning into a grin, turning to Iris to mouth, "OH MY GOD!" but she wasn't that subtle.

Smiling at the new blonde in the room, Lena held out her hand. "Felicity I assume, I'm Lena."

Reaching out to shake her hand, Felicity blurted. "Hi, you are prettier than Kara described." At her words, Felicity closed her eyes, realising she said something she shouldn't have... again.

Smug Lena was a version I liked seeing, except when it was directed at me. I still couldn't look at her, but I knew she was smirking at me. "And exactly how did Kara describe me?"

Now Felicity was stuttering, not wanting to put her foot in her mouth anymore than she already had. "Um, uh. She-she. You know what, I don't want to get in the middle of... whatever is happening here." Gesturing to the two of us, I sighed, giving in to the fact that Lena was going to get what she wanted sooner or later.

"I said you were the most beautiful person I'd ever seen with eyes of literal kryptonite." I looked into those green eyes, the sparkle in them almost having me lose myself in a room full of people.

"Okay, this is getting a little uncomfortable for everyone else, so why don't we finish up for the day and order some pizza?" Cisco clapped his hands, breaking me from whatever spell had me staring at Lena.

At the mention of pizza I perked up, realising just how hungry I was after not eating all afternoon. "Can I have two pepperoni pizzas please?" I didn't direct it to anyone in particular but got several nods.

Felicity sat down in the chair in front of the monitors, looking at the information on the screens. "So what are you all working on?"

Caitlin didn't even look up from the microscope to answer. "We're trying to find a way for Kara to get her powers back sooner after she blew them out a few days ago on her Earth."

Cisco jumped in. "Don't forget trying to track the energy signature of Kara's extrapolator that someone seems to have stolen."

Spinning in her chair, she gasped before starting to tap away at the keyboards, doing something techy I actually wouldn't understand. "How did you blow out your powers?"

"I saved Lena's life after being beaten half to death the a day earlier." I looked at Lena, smiling. "Do you think your brother could be a bit more considerate in his next plan to kill us both?"

Thankfully, Lena laughed, moving to my side. "I'll pass your request along during his next trial or assassination attempt... which ever comes first." We were both chuckling, the normality of her family trying to kill us both surprising to everyone else, all of whom were staring at us in shock.

"We really have missed a lot in a few weeks haven't we?" Barry smiled at us, a worried crease in his eyebrows.

My hand found Lena's hidden from view from the others, holding it lightly. "You have no idea."