In My Shoes

Your pulse spikes in time to the beat of the music and your anger rises with each lyric. You run a frustrated hand through your hair and squeeze your eyes shut. A hand touches your shoulder and you snap. You grab hold of their wrist wrenching their arm painfully to the side and pin them to the floor. The person groans in pain as you yank at their arm, almost pulling the shoulder out of socket. The music continues to play, uninterrupted, in your ears and you pull your earbuds out letting their arm fall to the floor.

"What the hell was that for? I was just trying to get your attention. You're grouchier than usual today." You stare with bitter contempt at the person on the floor as they climb to their feet. The look on your face gives them the answer they weren't looking for and they begin to get angry with you. "You're being a real dick today. Who the fuck pissed in your cereal this morning?" The cascade of anger that had abated begins to build until you blow. You launch yourself at them, feral. You get a few good ones in before hands grab you by the arms and pull you away. You struggle and curse, snarling at the prone figure.

Dean Winchester climbs to his feet for the second time in as many minutes, and you can see the steam coming out of him. His face is red and his breathing is heavy as he steps up to you. He grabs you by the collar of your shirt and pulls you so close you can feel the warmth of his breath on your face.

" You either get whatever stick is in your ass out or you're headed for a one way trip to the dungeon. Understand?" A defiant grin forms and your lip splits back open, dribbling blood onto your chin.

"Shove it up your pretty boy ass Winchester. I ain't in the mood to deal with your delicate constitution." Dean sighs and waves his hand at your captors. You don't struggle as the angel and the younger Winchester drag you to the dungeon. They push you in and shut the heavy metal door, the resounding clang of the deadbolt signaling your temporary fate.

After pacing around the dungeon you decide to sit in the lone chair. A song whispers across your mind and the words come to your lips.

Tell me what would you do put in my position?

Waking up confused and with an new addiction

I say I'm addicted to this life I chose

She thinks I'm addicted to that powder though

Time becomes a blur and when the sound of the lock releasing echoes through the room, you start.The hem of a trenchcoat appears and you roll your eyes.

"Cas, I know you're here to play mediator. Don't bother." The trenchcoat disappears and is replaced by henley. You sigh dramatically. Dean is there, chair in hand. He plonks it down 6 feet from you and sits down. He crosses his arms and stares at you. You raise your eyebrows and glance to either side of you. "You gonna wait me out or what cause I'm not playing your games asshat." Dean's sigh is heavy and full of frustration.

"What's your problem?" You take a deep breath in and exhale slowly, trying to control the irrational anger that's flowing like burning magma in your veins.

"What's my problem? Don't you have eyeballs? Use your forebrain instead of your lizard brain a little more often and maybe you'd actually notice what's happening in front of you. I'm having mood swings like crazy that I can't fucking control and I just feel like ripping you to pieces. My blood is burning and my rationale is gone. It flew out the window a long time ago and I can't hold onto anything other than what I've got which is a whole bunch of fucking nothing. I want to scream and throw things and cry and scream some more. I can't control myself Dean. I'm a constantly exploding volcano and no one can control me."

"I know exactly how you feel. Remember me with the Mark of Cain? I wanted to kill and kill and kill. I wanted to bathe in blood and rip someone's throat out with my teeth. The power was intoxicating and I know this isn't the same thing but I can help you." Dean gestures for you to stand up.

"No chick flick moments," You whisper underneath your breath as you step into him and circle your arms around him. He's stiff and robot-like as he awkwardly wraps his arms around you. His body relaxes after what feels like hours and his lips ghost over the top of your head. A small smile flickers across your face and you close your eyes.