Sand Monsters

"Damn it's a little chilly out here." Dean remarks, slinging his bag into the trunk of the Impala. You hop from foot to foot impatiently, your teeth chattering as you wait for him to unlock the car.

"D-d-d-d-d-dean I'm freezing."

"Alright, alright, I'm hurrying." He slams the trunk and opens the car door letting out a blast of heat and you dive into the interior huddling up near the vents. "Baby, are you ok?" Dean looks concerned as he slides into the driver's seat and shuts the door.

"ITS FUCKING COLD OUT THERE YOU ASSHOLE." Sam snickers from the backseat and you shoot him a glare." I'm so cold." Dean shrugs out of his jacket and places it over you.

"Here babe. Your lips are blue." You burrow into the warm material pulling yourself into a ball, shivering.

"Remind us to never take you anywhere below 40 degrees." Sam teases and Dean eyes me in the rearview mirror giving him a flat stare. Sam shrugs and goes back to his book the tinny music coming out his headphones starting back up. You glare at him over the seat but he ignores you and continues to read. You turn back around and watch the snowy motel become smaller as Dean backs out of the deserted parking lot and hits the road.

"Where are we going D?" You ask in a small voice, your teeth still chattering slightly. He reaches over and turns up the heat just a little more and gestures for you to scoot over. You gladly cuddle into his side and listen to him talk about the city you're headed to for the next hunt.

"We're headed to the exact opposite weather conditions. You're going to be happier than Sammy in a library. We're headed to Glendale, Arizona to fight what I think is some kind of sand monster."

"That sounds AWFUL." You glare out through the windshield at the whipping snow and imagine what fighting a sand monster would be like. "Sand in literally EVERYTHING. Blegh." You give a little shiver and Dean laughs, kissing the top of your head.

"Correct, sand in everything does sound awful. Can you imagine the wedgie that you would get with sand in your underwear." Dean gives a little shiver of his own and you giggle. The two of you pass the time joking quietly back and forth until you become drowsy and start to doze off.

"Get some sleep my love. We'll be fighting sand monsters before you know it."