Heaven On The Inside

Sorry, it's so short. I've been writing but haven't been coming up with much good stuff. Love you all ~ MDM (He/they)

The exhilarating flush of blood rushing through your body invigorates you. The feel of the wind on your face and the crunch of leaves beneath your feet is like nothing else. The crisp air feels like heaven in your lungs and you could run until you reach the end of the earth. You swerve around a tree and arrive back at the door to the bunker, breathing heavily and flooded with pure joy. You turn the crank and step inside the bunker.

"Hey, Dean! I'm back from my run!" You lean over the banister and look down into the library. Not immediately spotting your bow-legged beau, you make your way down the stairs. You shed your light jacket and hang it on the back of one of the chairs. You peek into every shelf but you don't spot him. Someone grabs you from behind and lifts you off your feet.

"Motherfucker!" You slam an elbow into their midsection and smash your heel into their knee. They yelp and drop you. Landing on your hands and knees, you slide away from your attacker and pull a knife. You launch to your feet, knife raised and ready to kick some ass.

"Baby, really? I was just trying to surprise you." Dean is doubled over in pain, his breath coming out in wheezes. You sheathe your knife and rush to him.

"You know better than to surprise a hunter dummy. Are you ok? I didn't hurt you too bad did I?" He shakes his head and straightens up, the pain still evident on his face.

" 'm fine. That's the last time I sneak up on you." You wrap your arms around his middle and give him a small squeeze in an apology. He lays his cheek on top of your head and the two of you stand there for several moments just taking in each other and the rare moment of quiet. Dean's next words are so quiet that you almost don't catch them.

"I don't know what I would do without you." You smile softly and close your eyes. The thrum of your adrenaline is coming down and you revel in this feeling. As a hunter, you never know when your last day will be so you have to take every moment like this that you can.