All Of My Dreams

I would like to extend a thank you to spnfanboy777 for their kind words of encouragement. Thanks to them my brain launched straight into idea mode and I came up with this beautiful domestic dad Dean gem. I hope you enjoy and thanks again. ~ Magnus (He/They)

PS the song featured at the beginning is Daydream by The Aces. I highly recommend.

So just hold on to the memory of me riding in your front seat everyday

And I'll hold on to the smell of your sweater that you wore in December when we met

Daydream bout me and I know that you hate the nights without me

Baby I hate them too

But you know

But you know

But you know

I'm coming back to you

Dean listens to the song on repeat. He misses you so badly it feels like a piece of him is gone. He wishes you were here with him. Everything about this situation sucks, but he is happy for you nonetheless. It's just him and the baby. A cry rises out of the nursery and Dean levers himself up out of the recliner. The old stairs creak as he climbs them. The sobs from down the hallway increase in volume and Dean picks up his pace. Reaching the nursery, he steps around the toys scattered on the floor. He reaches down into the crib and picks up his baby boy.

"Shh shh shh it's ok Mav. Papa's got you." Dean's arms wrap around the little one and he paces around the house getting various things done while shushing little Maverick. The dishes in the sink clink as he picks them up one by one and puts them onto the counter. Starting the water, he walks out of the kitchen to snag Maverick's bouncer from the living room. Keys in the lock of the front door stop him and he sets the bouncer down. Cradling the baby close, he turns off the water flowing from the sink in the kitchen. You push the front door closed behind you and Dean's heart sighs in relief. You're home and he can feel the ache leave his bones.

"Daddy's home Mav! Look who it is!" You look up at the sound of his voice and tears fill your eyes. The two of you meet in the middle and Mav is transferred into different arms. You hold him so close and breathe deeply. The familiar smells of baby, home, and Dean made everything seem right in the world.

"Hey baby boy. Did you miss Daddy? Daddy missed you." You kiss his head softly and set him in the bouncer seat on the living room floor. "I have something to tell you D." Dean looks at you alarmed and you laugh. You assure him that it isn't bad news but that he might want to sit down. "I got published Dean. They're gonna award me my PhD!" Dean's eyes fly wide and he sits there stunned for a second before leaping off the couch and wrapping you in his arms.

"I'm so proud of you. Did you hear that Mav? We're gonna have to call him Dr. Daddy now." You laugh at that and you can see the tears in Dean's eyes.

"I'm so proud of you honey. I know that you've been dreaming of this and you've been working your ass off for it. Maverick and I couldn't be more happy. Well, he probably could if he had a bottle right now but you get the point." Your happy little family revels in this moment and the memory of that day is one that the two of you remember forever.