Rain On Me

Here you go. Enjoy! ~ Magnus (He/They)

The rain drips into your eyes and you lick water from your lips. You're standing in an empty intersection. The crowd gathers around you and you peer out from beneath your wet hair. The show is about to begin and these people have no idea. You run a hand through your hair and decide that losing the shirt will probably keep the crowd engaged. You start up the song and begin your choreo. While you have the crowd distracted your partner is walking the crowd, picking pockets. Halfway through, you pull your shirt off and the crowd goes wild. Continuing to woo them, your partner gives you the thumbs up. You duck your head, peering up at the crowd through dark lashes. You swear that a few of the women in the crowd swoon. You give them a savage smile and push your hair out of your face. You pose dramatically for the final few notes and your audience bursts into wild applause. You meet with your co-conspirator after everything is said and done and the crowd has dispersed.

You pick up a particular wallet that catches your eye and open it. You're greeted with a handsome visage. Realizing that this man is carrying several fake ID's you smile slightly. Deciding to try and find this Dean Winchester you call the phone number listed on a sticky note in the wallet.

"Hello?" A grouchy old man has answered the phone and you know immediately that this is not the man staring out at you from the plastic ID.

"Hi, I found this wallet and was looking to return it to its owner. This was the only number in it." You hear some grumbling and he mutters something underneath his breath about "stupid idjits" and comes back on the line. "Who's wallet you got? Dean or Sam?"

"It's a sandy blonde short haired guy with a bit of stubble and candy apple eyes." The elder man snorts on the other end of the line.

"That's Dean's. I'll let him know that his dumbass dropped it. I'll tell him to meet you. Where are you?" You rattle off the name of a local coffee shop and the old man thanks you. He hangs up and you stare at your phone for a second. You order your usual from the barista behind the counter and sit at a small table near the window. Deciding to get a little work done before pretty boy gets there, you pull out a textbook and begin the reading for this week's assignment. Sometime later a shadow comes over your reading. You look up in annoyance and see the pretty face from the ID standing before you in the flesh.

"You must be Dean. Take a seat. Let me finish this paragraph." You look back down at your book, pushing your glasses back up your nose. The shadow hovers for a moment and then it moves and you can see his silhouette take the seat across from you. You finish the paragraph you were working on and stick a bookmark in. You close the text and set it back on the table. You reach into your bag and pull out his wallet. His eyes widen with familiarity and narrow into a squint quickly.

"How did you get that?" His voice is a low rumble and it sends shivers down your spine.

"You should be more careful about your pockets. You never know who's going to pick them." You give him a sly grin and he bares his teeth in a snarl. "Don't worry I didn't take anything from it. You can have it back." You toss the leather wallet onto the table between you. He snatches it and rifles through it, making sure that everything is in order. He sees that you were telling the truth and raises his eyebrows in surprise. "Surprised I wasn't lying? Shame on you Dean. Shame on you."

"Did Bobby tell you who I was?"

"You mean the grumpy old man? Yeah, he said something along the line of stupid idjits and then hung up the phone on me." Dean chuckles lightly and nods.

"Yup, that's Bobby. Alright well thanks for the wallet." He stands to leave and you raise a hand to stop him.

"I'll get you a coffee or something as repayment for stealing your wallet." He seems to consider this for a moment and sits back down.

"I'll take whatever you're drinking and some kind of sandwich or something." Your eyes go from the large Strawberry frappuccino to the gruff, leather jacketed man sitting across from you. You get up from the table and head for the counter. The barista takes the order and tells you that he'll call for you when it's done. You sit back at the table and shove the receipt into your pocket. The crinkle of the paper is the only sound between the two of you. The silence lapses for what seems like forever until your name is called by the barista. You grab Dean's drink and food and set it down in front of him. 20 minutes go by in silence as you watch your table mate scarf down his food like he hasn't eaten in days. Since you had his wallet he might not have. The sight of this leather jacket wearing, scruffy faced, man drinking a bright pink frap almost has you laughing, but you can tell that it definitely wouldn't go well.

"Do you want me to get you another one? That sandwich went down quickly." He shakes his head and wipes his hands on his jeans. He stands up from the table and pats his pockets to make sure he still has everything. You give him a small grin.

"I don't want anything else from you. I'm leaving." You stand up alongside him and stop him from walking away with a hand to his chest. He glares down at your hand and his lips curls up. You slip a piece of paper into his hand and wink at him. You seize his momentary hesitation and lay a kiss on his stubbly cheek.

"It was nice meeting you Dean. Call me sometime." You shove your textbook into your bag and zip it up. You sling the strap over your shoulder, and step around Dean's frozen frame. You stiff arm the cafe door and walk out into the afternoon sun.