"Mom's shit list"

Start from the beginning

He would lock himself up for hours and read to avoid doing chores. Me? I loved it. It kept my mind busy away from things that were bothering me. Like right now. I'm scrubbing the same spot on this stupid bowl, trying to concetrate on something other than her, but my brain is ignoring me.

Stupid brain.

Luce is in the living room watching some movie with Cate. Pretty sure it's Frozen, but I could care less. She looks good. We may be just friends, but my brain won't deny that she looks hot.

Luce is also starting to show, it's small, but noticeable. Speaking of pregnancy, we have to talk about what we're going to do. I want to be involved, no question, it's just that I work really weird hours right now and I don't want to put the stress on Lucy. She doesn't need to be the on-

"Hey," Lucy walks in with a smile on her face. I drop the sponge and turn towards her. Her hair is pulled back in a ponytail, and her sleeves are rolled up.

I smile, "hey, whatcha need?" she lifts her hands up, and that's when I notice the small red bowl.

"Cate wanted more popcorn," I nod and point to the pantry.

"There's some in there. Should be on the third shelf." Luce gives me a small smile and walks toward the pantry, so backtrack to scrubbing the dishes.

"Lucy?" I keep my back turned, "Can we talk?"

I hear her set the bowl down on the counter, and rip the plastic off of the popcorn, "About what?"

"Everything," I mean everything. The baby, ourselves, anything. I don't care, "Let's go to dinner Friday. I'm off. My treat."

"Well, Ev and I were going to-"

I face her, "Cancel. We need to talk." Her eyes go wide as she places the popcorn into the microwave.

"Is this going to be a bad talk, or a good one?"

"This will be a good one i promise," she starts the microwave, contemplating whether or not she is going to agree to this. "I can talk to Everett, so you don't have to." She shakes her head.

"No, i'm a big girl, I can do it myself."

The corners of my mouth rise up, "Luce, is that a yes?" I believe that means yes. I hope it does at least. She's hesitant, but gives me a nod. The microwave starts beeping, the smell of popcorn fills the air, and I can't stop smiling. I can't believe she said yes. After everything that happened deep down I expected for her to say no. I turn back to the dishes, in an attempt to hide that I'm excited when her phone rings.

"Hello?" she answers, but pauses. Next thing I know I hear her phone drop. She stands there with her hand covering her mouth. I walk over and pick her phone off the ground, and not to my surprise her screen is cracked, but the call is still active.

"Who the fuck is this?" I say into the phone. The other side is eerily quiet.

"Tell your girlfriend that her cop friend needs to mind his business before I hurt him too," a deep voice answers before the line goes dead.

My eyes go to Luce. She looks absolutely terrified.

A/N
Sorry for the late update!!! This chapter for some reason took me so long to write because I didn't know where I wanted to go with it. Like I had so many ideas, but I just didn't know where to start.
Now that you've read that...

I have a question!!!

who is your favorite character so far?

I personally can't choose because I love them so so much😊

                Jenna when Harrison gets yelled at

Goodpain - Yoke Lore

make sure to hit the little star in the corner!!

Next chapter coming soon!! Comment and Vote!!
Hope you enjoyed lovies :)