chapter 32

Tessa's Pov

"Mom,Dad.Grandpa and Grandma! What are you doing here?" I say very confused. "Uh I invited them." Nathan says holding his hand up. "Why?" Carson says just as confused as everyone else is. "Well I thought since Tessa is here, why not bring all the Charleston's here!" he says and smirks.
"Yeah because that's totally not weird dad!" Gabriel says to Nathan. My family comes over and sits. "Well I'll be right back!" Nathan's wife, Claire says. "Nathan, I hear Asher took over the company". Grandpa says. "Yes and he's doing an excellent job." Nathan says. Then out of no where.
"Rick, I see you've only been with Marilyn all these years." Rick then puts his fork and Marilyn looks at him confused. "What's that supposed to mean Nathan?" Marilyn questions. "Well you know the saying, Once a cheater always a cheater." Nathan says.
"Oh no" Asher says
"Thank you for inviting me this dinner Addison." Leo says smiling. "Oh shut up Leo" Addison says
[ i forgot to cast Marilyn (Tessa's Grandma) so use your imagination! ]
"What is the douche talking about Rick?!"
"I think I can explain that"
We all turn....
"Courtney?!" Nathan and Ryan say.
"Cynthia?" Asher,Addison and I say.

"What the hell is going on here?" Ashers Dad said.
"Courtney Holtson?" Rick says and his eyes go wide.
"Who is the women and why is she in my house?!?" Ashers Grandma says.
"Why don't you tell them Nathan?" "Or should it be you Rick." Courtney says.
Nathan clears his throat.
"Courtney was my  girl friend and we broke up, care to tell them why Rick." Nathan says and stares at Rick
" I don't know why you guys broke up Nathan." Rick says.
"Oh god i've been here for 5 minutes and i'm already bored." Courtney says rolling her eyes
"I was dating Nathan for a brief period of time and we broke up, so I decided to have a little fun. Since you guys were inseparable at the time, I told reporters that Rick was with me while I was dating Nathan."
Asher and I look at each other and we remember
The article.
"As if this night couldn't get any weirder." I say under my breath and Asher laughs.
"So you basically destroyed a friendship for 40 something years just so you have have a laugh?" Carson says.
"Yeah pretty much." Courtney says
"So why the hell is Cynthia here?" Asher said.
"Cynthia is my granddaughter and I decided for her to go to New York and get Nathan's attention and my planned work because I needed money."
"That's literally the dumbest shit I've ever heard." Addison says and covers Wesley ears.
"Okay well I guess my work here is done, I'll see you later boys." Courtney says and her and Cynthia leaves.
"Well does anyone want pie?" Ashers mom said.
We all laugh the Rick and Nathan hug it out.

"I guess that's the end." I say to Asher as he's walking me back to my apartment.
"Yeah we're finally at peace." he says and I turn around.
"Look Tessa, I've liked you for a long time I just never knew how to say it and when we started talking, again I knew that I truly wanted to be with you. So Tessa, will you be my girlfriend?"
I go up to him and kiss him.
"So that's a yes?" he asks
"Yes."