chapter 16

Ashers Pov

I head over to Addisons house for the party. When I get their, I see Carson sitting by the pool drinking a beer. "Carson" I say and he turns and smiles
"Hey, what's going on?" he says
"Nothing much just working and hanging out."
"Yeah, hanging out with Tessa." he says jokingly and taking a sip from his beer. "So are you guys a thing or?" "No,no we aren't anything just friends."
Friends Right?
"Okay." he says
We talk for a little bit until I get myself a beer from the cooler.

"Hey Asher there is someone I would like you to meet." Addison says while walking up to me with a girl.
"This is Cynthia shes the girl I told you about before remember?" Addison says
No.
"Yes, Uh Cynthia nice to meet you." I say shaking her hand.
"Nice to meet you too." she says politely
She seems nice but she isn't Tessa.
"Anyways I gotta go so I'll let you two talk." Addison says walking away.
I offer her a beer but she declines.
"So I hear you've taken over your grandfathers company, that must be nice."
"Haha,Yeah It is." I day taking a sip from my beer.
Unlike Tessa, she has brown hair.
Why do I keep comparing her?
"So are you and Addison friends, I hear you're recently started working for her?"
"Yeah we gotten closer, I'm actually just an intern I just got done with college a year ago so now i'm interning for her." she says with a smile
"Must be nice." I say with a smile and laugh.
We talk for a little more while walking around outside.
"You know Asher, I think the media has gotten you all wrong. You're actually pretty nice and funny." she says
"Thank you." I say looking at her.
We part our ways and I see my father come up to me.

"So who were you talking to?" he says
"That's Cynthia, Addisons Intern." I say
"She seems nice, you two getting along." he says
"Yeah we were."
We then go sit down to eat and i'm surprised he hasn't mentioned anything about me hanging out with Tessa yet?

I start playing with Wesley by the playground. He's learning how to walk and is slowly getting the concept. He can take a few steps but other than that, he just crawls.
More and more, I want kids. I used to say that I liked hooking up with girls but ever since Tessa came into my life. I don't sleep with women. Maybe it's because I'm so busy with the company and grandpa would kick my ass if he found out I was going back to my old ways again.

The party ends and I'm helping Leo clean up.
"So how do you like Cynthia?" he asks me
"She's a nice girl." I say washing the dishes
"Better than Tessa." he says looking at me.
I turn of the faucet. "No, not better than Tessa." "I don't know they're both nice girls." I say nonchalantly. "Okay sure you do." Leo says going upstairs.  I start to think about what he said but I shrug it off. I mean they're both sweet but i've only known Cynthia today so I don't have anything bad to really say about her. Once I finish, I grab my keys and go home.