chapter 4

Asher's Pov

I wake up and I hear banging on my door
"What the hell!" I say annoyed
I walk out of my room and I open my door and see my grandfather
"Good morning to you too grandpa" I say sarcastically
"Asher, how are you?"
"Great you know I just love waking up to banging on my door" I say bluntly
"Oh hush you" he says walking in
"Asher so I see you've been hanging out with that Makayla girl?"
"Was, she's long gone now & she was annoying." I say going to my kitchen
"Yeah well you see, you being a "playboy" isn't the look I want for the future CEO of my company."
"So" I say shrugging my shoulders
"So you either quit your ways or Ill give the position to Carson." he says
What?

"First of all, No I want the company and I want girls and secondly, Carson doesn't even want the position"
"See this is where you're going to listen to me. It's either you take the company,be successful and quit your way with women. Or, you can have all of your women and no CEO position. I'll let you think on that." he says confidently

"Okay whatever" I say
"Okay well i'm going to need an answer by Monday and remember the Charity event tonight and I do not want to see you on the tabloids tomorrow talking about how you left the event with another girl, Understood?"
"Sure Grandpa" I said in a bored tone
"Good,good and remember, the Charleston's and other families are going to be there so be good tonight."
"I know and I will."

Once Grandpa left, I sat on my couch and thought about tonight and how'll I will have to see the Charleston's. They're backstabbers. I just hate them. Especially Tessa Charleston. She just irritates me. Every time we talk, it always ends up in an argument. She's impossible.

I then decided to workout. It relieves stress for me.

Once I'm ready, I decide to my brothers company to talk to him about what grandpa said

I have an older brother and sister, Carson and Addison.

Carson has his own oil company and unlike me, he's not a womanizer. He says he wants to wait for the right person. I personally don't understand him, I mean why want to settle? I get to go party and drink and have no responsibilities, well at least for now. 

Addison met her husband, Leo in college. They hit it off and then after they graduated, they moved back to New York and bought an penthouse together. Leo is cool and we get along great. He's a real estate agent and Addison is a fashion designer with her own company. At 24 they got engaged and then 8 months later, they got married. 2 years ago, Leo and Addison fell pregnant and had a son, Wesley. I'm a pretty damn good uncle if I do say so myself. Before Wesley, I've never imagined having a family or coming home to one after work. Now I think about it more but I snap that scenario out of my head pretty quickly. 

Once I arrive to Carson's, I park my car and walk in. I greet the lady at the front desk then head up to my brother's office. There I see my best friend Logan and Carson talking. 

"What's Up Man?" Logan says 

"Hey whats up" I say and smile

We end up talking for a bit 

"You coming to the event tonight?" Carson asks Logan and I

"Do I really have a choice?" I say 

"True" the boys say 

"Grandpa said I should quit my ways or else I don't get the company"

"Haha, wow Asher William Ryan is deciding to give up girls for the company?" Logan says

"Well haven't made that decision yet but do I really have a choice?" I say bluntly 

"You can sleep with girls or be succesful Asher, It's your choice" Carson says not looking down from his paperwork. 

"How haven't you caught an STD yet? You sleep more girls more than you actually sleep"

I hit Logan on the back of his head in a jokingly and laugh 

We sit in silence for a moment

"I mean he isn't wrong" Carson's says 

We all laugh